45| The Big Ol' L-Word

Start from the beginning

"Okay?" I said, and I took the shirt to go and change. Porkchop was confusing me with all of his weird terms, but I just ignored it and changed for his happiness. When I came out he was grinning and clapping his hands.

"Logan will collapse."

"Is that supposed to be a good thing?" I asked.

"OBVIOUSLY!" He yelled. "We just need the finishing touch and that is the hair. Clearly I know exactly what she's looking for."

I rolled my eyes. "Then help me out, will you?"

"I knew the day would come when my expertise would be of need," Porkchop said.

Porkchop made the biggest deal about getting me perfectly ready for Logan and I to see each other tonight. He couldn't stop going on and on about how he thought that the two of us were perfect together. He made me keep my hair mostly natural, saying that a girl who was "a hair girl" preferred natural and messy hair rather than anything too slicked back or whatever. I still had no idea what he was talking about, but I knew that I had to listen to him. If anyone was going to help me in the romance department, it was going to be Clay.

He apparently had called Cayden over, too. I didn't know it until I opened the door and he stood there. Cayden was holding a carton of sweet tea and his jaw dropped, then he dropped the carton on the ground and it splattered all over the front porch.

"Fuck," Cayden said. "There goes the damn tea."

"I look that good, do I?" I asked, smirking at him.

Cayden brushed past me, taking a moment to smell me. "Ooh, that is a good scent. I like it," he said. He walked into the kitchen and sat down. Porkchop was in there (eating Cheetos as always).

"Doesn't he look phenomenal?" Porkchop asked.

"You did a good job, PC. I gotta hand it to you," Cayden said. "He would seduce me in a hurry."

"Uh... I don't know if that's what I'm going for," I said.

"It's what everyone is going for," Porkchop said. "But tonight is not about seduction. It's about the big ol' L-word."

"Huh?" Cayden asked and then his eyes went wide. "Wait! You're in love with Logan and didn't tell me? But you told Porkchop!?"

I shrugged. "He was there to pry it out of me!"

"Whatever," Cayden mumbled. "So you're gonna tell her tonight?"

I glared over at Porkchop. "I wasn't exactly planning on it—"

"But it would be perfect!" Porkchop exclaimed.

"And it does have to come out sometime," Cayden added, earning him a glare as well. "Sorry, sorry. There's no pressure or anything. It has to be natural, you know? It can't be forced."

Porkchop sighed. "I guess if it doesn't happen tonight, then it'll be okay. But like... I NEED IT TO HAPPEN!"

"Well damn, so do I," Cayden agreed. "That way Noah can finally move on from his secret fantasy of ending up with me!"

I punched Cayden's shoulder. "Would you two quit it?" I asked. "The L-word is a big deal. And I do feel that way about her. Undoubtedly. But what if she doesn't feel the same?"

"You just have to go for it," Porkchop said. "If she doesn't feel the same, that doesn't mean she doesn't like you. Maybe she just isn't quite there yet. Who knows?"

I groaned and rested my head on the kitchen counter. "Can you two just let me go already? I need to pick her up soon."

"Fine, fine. Let's get the finishing touches, then," Porkchop said, standing up. "You are going to be irresistible as Cheeto Puffs."