seventeen 🗝

Jisung rolled his eyes and grunts as he puts the beaker back in the cabinet.

Their first day at detention was to clean all the laboratory apparatus that were used for the day.

"You don't have to be here, you know," Haeyeon mutterd, wiping the table.

"Nah, its okay. It's my fault in the first place, I should've arrived earlier."

"Where were you anyway?"

"Oh, Seji and I had lunch and we didn't notice the time."

Seji, again...

Haeyeon just hummed in response. As soon as they finished, Jisung invited her to have dinner.

"Don't you need to go home?"

"That's okay," He stretched out his hands. "Chan hyung is at training anyway, so the Auntie removed the curfew."

Haeyeon chuckles, "No wonder Chungha kept bugging us to have coffee with her last night at midnight."

"Yeah, out of all us, she's practically enjoying the no curfew rule so much. She's like a wild beast."

"So, where do you want to eat?" Haeyeon asked, changing the topic.

"Hmm," Jisung put a hand under his chin, "Ah, there's a new Japanese restaurant just ahead."

"Sounds good,"

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"Yeah, and remember when Eric did some high kicks during PE last year?" Jisung laughs as he takes Haeyeon home. "He lost his balance and it so was epic!"

Haeyeon started to laugh with him, "Heo Hyunjoon was beside him and he got hit in the eye,"

"A blackeye for the whole year. Hyunjoon almost sued him for that,"

"Good thing Lia stepped in between and talked to them privately," Haeyeon adds.

Jisung nods, "You know, I think they both have a crush on her."

"Yeah, maybe last year Eric did. He told me last week he liked Jeon Heejin , then last month it was Park Junghyun."

"Who's that again?"

"Who? Junghyun? It's that girl who goes by the name Xiyeon."

"Oh," Jisung pursed his lips. "She's the one who asked me out last year. How handsome am I?"

Haeyeon furrows her eyebrows and hit his head, "On a scale of 1-10? Negative one."

"Hmp," Jisung stomps and pulls Haeyeon close to him. He looks at her eyes, "Now tell me how handsome am I?"

Haeyeon tried to ignored the proximity between them and the beating of her heart, "Still a negative one."

Jisung glances at her lips the second time and his eyes landed on hers, "Hey, I'm standing this close and I still can't get a perfect 10?"

Haeyeon gulps before answering, "Yes."

They were both quiet, only the sounds of crickets were heard at night.

"Jisung..." Haeyeon broke the silence, "Do you really like Seji?"

Jisung bit his lip, "I- I don't know."

The girl sighs, moving away a little from him, "Because I l-"

"What are you guys doing?" A voice broke them apart as Jisung lets go of Haeyeon.