four 🗝

"Here," Shin Haeyeon hands Jisung a test tube. "If you're not joining me in this experiment, might as well hold it for me."

Jisung furrows his eyebrows, "Why do you even think I'm not interested?"

"Jisung, you've been staring outside for about 5 minutes." She answers. "I had to tell Jeno to close the curtain."

"Let me help you then,"

Jisung moves towards her and poured the contents of the test tube in one of the beakers.

"Now, I want you all to observe what happens next," Teacher Choi says in front.

"What do we get from this anyway?" Lee Donghyuck mutters behind them.

"We get to see how science works?" Son Youngjae, or better known as Eric answers beside him.

Haeyeon turns to face them, "You can't even understand one bit of information Teacher Choi has said."

Donghyuck motions to Eric, "His brain is the size of a pea, so I agree with you on that,"

Eric was quick to react, "Hey, stop talking like I'm not here!"

Donghyuck noticed Jisung was quiet. He leans in, "Seriously? No remark from you? We're roasting Eric here and you're eyeing the test tube like there's no tomorrow."

Jisung snapped out of his thoughts, "Oh, right. I'm sorry."

"Seriously, what is wrong with you Jisung?" Haeyeon asked. "Ever since you guys won the contest, you've been out of it."

Eric nods, "Did you not like the trophy?"

"If you don't, you can always give it to us," Donghyuck winks at him.

"No, that's not it." Jisung answers.

He can't stop thinking who was behind the squirrel mascot and he wanted to know if the fortune teller was telling the truth.

How could he tell his friends that he's been confused about this destiny thing? They're going to think he's insane.

There's only one thing to do, Jisung thought to himself.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"I GOT SCOUTED!!!!!" Chan exclaims from upstairs. They were in the dorms with the boys and Jiyeon, except for Jisung and Hyunjin who decided to go to the amusement park again.

Felix started to jump up and down, "That's so great, hyung! I'm so proud of you."

A chorus of congratulations were heard as Minho starts to play the movie. Chan stands up and excused himself as he hears his phone ringing.

Jiyeon moved towards Woojin, "You okay oppa?"

Jiyeon had confronted Woojin about Chan and the older had told her everything.

"I'm happy for him," Was Woojin's only answer.

"Yeah, hyung, but that means he gets to spend a limited amount of time with us," Changbin interjects. "With you."

Minho started to notice them talking and moved towards them. The maknae line was too busy watching to notice the huddle that was going on behind them.

Woojin shook his head, "As long as he gets to achieve what he wants, that's all I want to see."

Changbin sighs, "At least tell him the truth. You can't keep denying it forever, hyung."

Before Woojin could say anything Chan comes back and notices the small group, "What happened?"

Minho crawled back to the maknae line, "Oh, nothing. Jiyeon was just showing us a new dance video."

Woojin stands up, and met Chan's eyes, "I'll be heading out first."

Chan looked confused, "Why? I thought this was movie day,"

"Yeah, I suddenly forgot, my mom and I have plans."

"Woojin? You sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, Chan." He answers with somewhat a stern voice which made Chan a little worry.

Woojin bid his goodbye to the group and left the dorm.

"What's wrong with him?" Chan asked, sitting beside the couple on the couch.

Jiyeon shrugs, "A bad day probably."