five 🗝

"What? The fortune teller quit her job?!" Jisung exclaims at the information desk.

"I'm sorry, sir, but she passed her resignation letter just hours before you arrived." The girl from the desk answered.

Hyunjin laughs, "It feels like she knew we were coming."

"Of course, she knew! She's a fortune teller!"

"Come on, Ji. Just let this go. She was just messing with you,"

"I don't think so," Jisung says, as they walked out of the office. "Look, the things she said, it actually happened! How can you not believe that?"

"Coincidence?"

"What did she see in the ball when you asked?"

Hyunjin shrugs, "A rabbit? I don't know, I don't keep track of these things."

"And what did she tell you about finding the girl of your dreams?"

"Something about she's near, she's just around the corner and she's related to someone I know."

"See! She's describing Lee Chungha!"

Hyunjin almost choked on his own saliva, "That's crazy! There are a lot of people who's related to someone I know!"

Jisung was determined to make him believe who it is, "Chungha owns a rabbit, does that count?"

Hyunjin furrows his eyebrows, "So if you said you saw a squirrel in her ball, shouldn't you be looking for someone who owns a squirrel?"

Jisung stopped in his track. Damn, he's right. "Y-yeah, but the fortune she gave me was different."

"Look, buddy. You know I really want to help you get a lovelife, that way you'll stop annoying everyone -"

"Hey!"

"But we can't run around, chasing something we're not even sure of."

Jisung frowns, "You just don't want to help me."

"I just said that I want to - are you even listening to me?"

"Fine, if you don't want. I'll do this on my own." He says, walking away ignorning Hyunjin's calls.

⊱ ⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"I just want to ask something -"

"I'm busy kid, get lost." The guard says, walking away from Jisung.

He had asked every possible staff in the amusement park even the ones who were selling the snacks. He was also planning to ask some mascots, but not one was showing up.

"Here," Someone handed him a water bottle.

"Hyunjin..." Jisung took the bottle from his hands and drank everything in it. "You came back."

"I never left dumbass. I've been calling you for the past 30 minutes."

"I haven't noticed. Sorry."

"Anyway," Hyunjin sits on the bench beside him. "Since you've been running around the park, I met a mascot."

"The squirrel?"

"No, the cat. He says he'll meet me here around 10 minutes. He just needs to change."

Hyunjin spotted a familiar boy waving his hand and walking towards them.

"Wait - isn't that -"

"Moonbin hyung!"