Chapter 4 - Frenemies

Eli's POV

"I’m going to murder that piece of shit, I swear to all that’s good and holy.” I snarled as I paced the bedroom. "If she lays one more hand on her she’s gonna regret ever touching her.”

  My roommate Justin got off his bed and started shaking my shoulders. “Calm down, man. That girl is going to be fine.”

  I glared at my best friend. Justin reminded me of one of those football players you see on TV. Stocky, muscular, and all "eyes on the prize". I centraled my thoughts elsewhere.  "Did you see all those bruises? At this rate if she so much as looks at Madame she'll be dead." My voice was flat. Justin sighed.

  "Look, all I know is Madame never gets rid of the newer people. As far as Vivienne is concerned, Madame can't kill her." Justin's voice was full of concern and sincerity.

  I shook him off me and lay down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. It's only been one day and I'm already so attached to her...

  I replayed our conversation in my head, again.

   Class just ended. I was out of my seat in the blink of an eye. It seemed like years until we finally arrived at the bathroom and I shoved her inside gently, locking the door.

  "What. Happened." I said through gritted teeth, knowing I was upsetting her.

  "Nothing, I, um, fell." If I didn't feel so sick inside I would have laughed at her.

  "You're a horrible liar, you know that? Now tell me what really happened." I leaned against the wall. 

  Vivienne's eye swelled with tears. I realized this was probably the only place she could ever truly let her emotions out. I held out my arms and she ran into them, sobbing into my shoulder. I hugged her tightly.

   "Sh, sh, it's okay. I'm here now, you can talk to me." I soothed her.

   For the next twenty minutes or so, she poured out her heart to me. Every thing that happened, every emotion she was feeling. I felt like crying with her, but I knew I had to be strong for her.

  "You're fine as long as I'm here. I won't let them hurt you again, do you understand that?'' Reaching over to the sink, I grabbed a couple paper towels and lifted her chin gently. She was staring into my eyes as intently as I was staring into hers, as if trying to figure out my every thought.

   I wiped away her tears and placed my lips on her forehead. I felt her sigh and lean into me. The moment was so perfect, so right...

   We stayed like that for a few minutes until the bell rang, signaling all students to be at their dormitories. 

  We broke apart and awkwardly said goodbye, promising to meet up the following day.

"Hey man, I'm starved. Wanna go to the mess hall and grab a bite?"Justin's deep voice interupted my thoughts. I was snapped back to reality and my perfect memory was over.

  "Naw. I need to think." I said half-heartedly, my stomach disagreeing with me. Justin shrugged and jogged out.

  If I hadn't been so wrapped up in my thoughts, maybe I would have noticed the look on Justin's face that clearly showed he was thinking about Vivienne too.

_____________________________________________

A/N: Short, yes I know! I'm soooo busy with high school and stuff I literally had absolutely no time whatsoever to even think of wattpad, I know, im horrible :( At this rate, i make no promises for when ill post the next chapter. Anyways, keep reading <3