Chapter 17

I woke up in the hospital and I was hooked up to a bunch of machines. I rubbed my head and looked around the room. I saw a man sitting in a chair next to my bed. He was sound asleep. I sat up and the bed creaked which made the man wake up. His beautiful bright blue eyes were revealed. The way his fluffy brown hair laid over one of them and covered it like curtains.

Colby: Kristie, I'm so happy you're okay.

He gives me a hug, but I don't hug back. He let's go and looks at me with a weird and confused look. I look at him.

Colby: Kristie, what's wrong ?

Kristie: How do you know my name and who are you ?

Colby: W-what do you mean ? It's me,...Colby.

Kristie: I don't recall.

The doctor walks in and sees that I'm awake. She walks up to us and gives Colby the papers. As he reads them, his eyes fill with tears.

Doctor: Kristie, sweetie. What's ths last thing you remember ?

Kristie: The last thing I remember was-

Sam and Katrina burst through the door with some flowers.

Colby: Guys-

Kristie: Hey Sam. Hey Kat.

They came up to me and gave me hugs and I hugged them back. Colby's face is in shock and the doctor has a thinking face on. They let go and Kat set the the flowers on the table next to me.

Sam: We got you blue and yellow flowers because of the name I would call you.

Kristie: Sky.

Doctor: You seem to still remember these two.

Sam: Remember ? What's going on ?

Doctor: We scanned her and found malfunctions in her brain waves that connect to her muscle memory. She doesn't recall anything that has happened. We don't know how far this loss has gone so we are trying to figure out the last thing she remembers. Kristie please tell us the last thing you remember.

Kristie: The last thing I remember was being at my apartment with Katrina. It was moving day. Sam came over to help us with our boxes and the last thing I remember doing was looking at the moving truck with them.

Sam: That wasn't that long ago.

Colby: She doesn't remember meeting me.

Kristie: I'm terribly sorry sir. I wish I could remember. You seem nice.

Doctor: Alright well since it wasn't that long ago, you guys can take her home. There's nothing we can really do. It's up to you guys at home to tell her stories about what has happened since that day and see if you get any results. If nothing works, then just live on like that. Atleast she remembers everything else.