Chapter 16

Colby: It's time for you to find out what really happens in this house.

Everyone came downstairs and walked right into the TV room. I was sitting on a bean bag on one side of the room and Jake sat on the other one on the other side. We made eye contact and I looked away. Everyone else sat on the couch as Sam and Colby stood in front, telling their stories. After they explained all the demonic stuff they've done, they then spoke about how they are the reason why the house is so haunted. I had chills the entire time. Colby would look at me as his eyes grew tears. The experiences they were telling us, really affected them in so many levels. When they were done explaining, there was a loud bang upstairs. Everyone jumped and got scared. Corey started tearing up along with Devyn. Sam and Colby looked towards the stairs to see if anyone came down. Katrina had her knees up to her face. Aaron held Buddy and Navi tight. And Jake just stared at me. I looked at him and we stared at each other until Colby broke the silence.

Colby: Guys, what the hell was that ?

Katrina: We have no clue.

Sam: It sounded like it came from my room.

After Sam says that, we hear another crash upstairs, but it sounded like glass. Colby walks towards the stairs, but I grab his arm before he got too close. He turned back and looked at me with a confused face. My breathing got heavier as we heard footsteps. I pulled Colby back and hugged him, burying my face in his chest. Colby walked backwards towards the others, bringing me along. The footsteps stop at the top of the stairs.

Sam: Guys we have to stay together.

Colby points towards Kat, directing me to go with her. I did as he said and cuddled up with Kat. Devyn joined us and Corey stood up behind Sam. Jake joins them as they watch the stairs. The footsteps grew louder as it was making it's way down stairs. At that point, Kat and Devyn were dreaded in tears. I have a quick flash back of when I was younger.

*Flash Back*

My brother had just started playing with the Ouija board five minutes before my mom and I got home. As we enter the house, we saw my brother sitting on the living room couch speaking in a different language. One we've never heard before. Behind him was a shadow. The lights were off and there was only a candle infront of him, but we could tell that, that wasn't his shadow. My mom ran up to him and removed his hand from the board. As she did, my brother past out. There I stood, still at the door in tears. The shadow quickly makes his was towards me. It stops with the sound of my dads voice. He was chanting something and the shadow vanished. When I turned around, my dad was gone too. He only came to do that and left. When I ran to where he was standing, there was a necklace left on the ground. I still wear it since that day. I still remember that same chant.

*Back to reality*

I stand up quick and rush infront of the boys. Colby grabs my arm before I could completely get in front of him.

Colby: What are you doing ?

Kristie: I have to. You have to let me go.

Colby: What the hell ? Have you gone insane ?

Kristie: Colby I know what to do. Please.

The sound of the footsteps at the bottom of the stairs catch our attention. There stood the shadow figure that was possessing my brother when I was younger. I pulled my arm back hard to get out of Colby's grip. I walk closer to the shadow and start saying the chant. The boys looked at me confused as I spoke in another language. As I did, my necklace began to glow. The shadow started to fade and soon enough, it was gone, but I lost my balance and fell over.

Colby: KRISTIE !

He ran over to me and picked me up. He put two fingers to try and find a pulse.

Colby: She's alive. She just passed out.

Sam: We have to get her to the hospital.

Jake: Agreed.

Corey: Let's go girls.

They all ran outside without a second thought and drove me to the hospital.