Chapter 13

The day soon ended and the moon started to shine. We stopped by a churro stand and we shared chopped churros as pairs. Colby and I got strawberry syrup on top, Sam and Kat got chocolate syrup, and Devyn and Corey got caramel. We thought it would be cute to each sit at seperate tables as pairs. I obviously shared one with Colby. He couldn't wait to eat so he popped a piece of the churro in his mouth. I giggled because he got syrup on the corner of his mouth.

Kristie: Hey dork, you got some syrup there.

Colby: Really ?

Kristie: Yeah. Here I got it.

I picked up a napkin and I wiped his mouth clean. I felt him grow a smile behind the napkin. I gave him a small side smile. Colby gets some syrup on his index finger and he puts a dot on my nose. We shared a small laugh. I cleaned my nose and then stared into Colby's eyes. His arm was resting on the table to the side of the plate so I decided to take hold of his hand. He fixed his hand so that our fingers could interlock. I bit my lip and gave him a smile. He picked up a piece of churro and tried to be cute, so he fed it to me. I cover my small giggle because I have food in my mouth. Colby laughs.

Kristie: Colby.

Colby: Yes Kristie ?

Kristie: Thank you for this amazing first date. It's honestly everything I dreamed it would be.

Colby: It's my pleasure cutie and I also had a wonderful time with you.

Colby leaned in a little closer, I did as well. The two couples started stalking us a bit to see what would happen. Colby put his other hand under my chin and lifted my head to match his level.

Colby: I know we just met like two days ago, but I think I might be in love with you. You make me so happy and I get butterflies everytime I'm around you. Ever since Sam started talking about you, I got feelings. It was a small crush at first, but that was before I got to know you more. I've never met anyone else who can relate to me as much as you can.

Kristie: Awe Colby. I feel the same way. That night we met in the car, I got lost in your beautiful ocean eyes. I felt a connection the moment our eyes met and I think I'm in love with you too.

Colby: R-Really ?

Kristie: Yeah.

Colby moved his hand up to the side of my face and pulled me in a little closer. We were so close that the tips of our noses were touching. Colby looks at my lips then back into my eyes. A smirk grew across his face as if he had an idea. I gave him a smile to let him know it was okay. Colby came a little closer and I was able to feel his upper lip touching mine. We were so close, I could practically taste his lips already. We slowly closed our eyes and leaned in a little more. The two couples were watching and they were all smiling and giggling. This was it. The kiss I've always dreamed of. In the right time, place, and setting. It was all perfect. Until.....