Chapter 3

Sam: I really liked it. You have an amazing voice Kristie.

Kristie: R-really ?

Sam: Yeah.

Kristie: T-thanks.

Katrina: Hey look ! We're here.

Sam: The rain looks like it's starting to come down a little harder. Everyone got a jacket ?

Kristie: Shoot ! I packed all my hoodies up in the van. I didn't think I was going to need any.

Sam: Alright just wait here in the car, okay ?

Kristie: Okay.

Sam: C'mon Katrina.

They both got out of the car and ran towards the house. I saw them knocking on the door and then someone let them in. As I was trying to see through the wet window, the car door to my left opens and someone comes in.

Kristie: Ahh ! What the hell !?

Guy: Hey hey calm down. Sam sent me.

Kristie: Oh. Okay. I thought I was about to get kidnapped or something.

Guy: Nah, you're good. He told me to wait in here with you until he comes back so that you don't get lonely.

Kristie: Well that's sweet of him. Oh, I'm Kristie by the way.

The guy takes his hoodie off then fixes his hair. He looks over at me and I stare into his bright, blue, ocean eyes.

Guy: Colby. Colby Brock.

Kristie: N-nice to m-meet you Colby.

Colby: You got a bit of drool right there on your lip.

Kristie: W-what ? Really ?!

He starts to laugh a bit and then he looks at me.

Colby: I was just kidding hehehe.

Kristie: Oh. I.....um..I knew that.

Colby: Uh-hu, sure you did.

We both smile and stare at each other until my phone rings, which breaks the silence.

Kristie: I hate scam calls. Always talking about student loans.

Colby: Oh my stars, I get those all the time. They're so annoying.

I giggle at his rant about scammers. He catches me giggling.

Colby: Sam told me about you, but he never mentioned how cute you are.

The sound of that made me blush hard. Colby grabs the bottom of my chin and leans in really close as he stares into my eyes.

Colby: I was wondering. If the blue from your hair and the red from your cheeks combine, will it turn purple ?

Kristie: Oh my stars, grow up hehehe.

As I say that I playfully push him back a bit. He then pulls back and stares out the window.

Kristie: When do you think Sam's going to get here.

Colby looks to his right to scope out Sam.

Colby: Welp, you called it.

I look to my right to see Sam with a huge umbrella that can fit about 4 people. Sam goes over to Colby's side first to get him, then to my side. As I step out the car, I get a really cold breeze on my arms which gives me goosebumps.

Sam: You cold sky ?

Kristie: N-no I'm f-f-fine.

Colby: I got this.

Colby takes his sweater off and wraps it around me.

Colby: See Sam, the trick is, you never ask, just act.

Sam: Whatever dude, let's just get inside.

As we start walking to the house, I look at Colby and he gives me a side smile. I start blushing a bit, but I try to control it this time. Lightning strikes out of no where far from where we were, but the sound was still loud. I jumped and looked around as I got goosebumps. Colby noticed so he reaches behind Sam and held my hand until we got to the front door.

Sam: Alright we're here. Welcome to our new home.

Sam lets me walk in first then him and Colby follow.

Kristie: Wow !

As I walk into the house, it's so big that my eyes lit up. Sam and Colby giggle at the sight of my expression.

Colby: We knew you'd like it.

Sam: Here let me go get the roommates.

Kristie: W-wait. R-roommates ?! As in more than you and Katrina ?

Sam: Yeah, duh sky. You already met one.

Sam motions his head over to Colby.

Kristie: C-Colby is going to be living here ?