Ch. 10 Not Invited

Ch. 10 Not Invited

Violet's P.O.V.

               Eric decided to take the night off so we could spend some time together. He wanted us to work on our relationship and even threw out the idea of us going to a couple's therapy. I about spit out my milk on the kitchen table when he suggested it.

               "They have such things?" I asked and downed the rest of my drink.

               Eric nodded to me before coming around the table and wiping the bit of milk off the side of my mouth with his thumb. It made my heart quicken and a smile spread across his gorgeous lips.

               "It pleases me that I still can have that effect on you," Eric sighed and picked me up before setting me on the table.

               "What are y-you-" I stammered but Eric placed his fingers lightly against my lips to quiet me.

               "You are the siren that drags me into the sea." My love placed the side of his face flush against my chest straight above my heart. "You are the thirst of a man parched in the desert. You, my Violet, my decadent flower, are my salvation."

               Eric's words quickened my heart even more. I felt the heat spread all over my body and thought I was going to pass out. "Oh," I breathed when Eric continued his charm by nuzzling my chest. I had to tangle my hands in his hair to keep from falling backwards.

               "I will fix everything," Eric promised and I told him I believed him.

               DING! DONG!

               I about bucked Eric totally off of me once the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" I said and ran towards the door while breathing in as much oxygen as I could.

               "Special delivery for Mr. Northman," the small Fed Ex guy said and handed me a clip board.

               "Hey you're a vampire right?" I asked and the guy nodded before I swapped the clipboard for a very fancy black envelope.

               "Thank you," I smiled before Eric possessively came and put his arms around me like a jealous lover. The short vampire Fed Ex guy stuttered to Eric a 'good night' and high tailed it out of there before I even knew it.

               I turned around and gave Eric a little slap on the arm. "Do you always have to scare them? Hmm?"

               My bonded looked like he might laugh at me before turning serious as he closed the door and pressed me against it. "You are mine. Everyone, including the damn delivery boy needs to know that."

               I cocked an eyebrow at him. "You have a letter." I held up the black envelope with Eric's name written in silver script lettering on the front. He gave me a light kiss before taking it from me and opening it.

               While he scanned the contents I will admit I was curious about it but I decided to not ask him what it entailed just yet. Instead I moved to the living room and put in The Tudors. Henry Cavill was such a babe! Yes, yes, I know what you're all thinking. Eric of course is the love of my life and sooooo amazingly gorgeous! However a girl can admire from a screen can't she? Oh yes, yes she can.

               A little growl erupted behind me and I screeched because Eric picked me up right off the couch from behind and turned me around to face him. "It better be me who you're getting all hot and bothered for," he warned and wrapped my legs around his waist.