Ch. 19 Ring of Fire

Ch. 19 Ring of Fire

Eric P.O.V.

I ran everywhere I could trying to see if I could pick up Violet's scent. I couldn't get nothing and soon it began to rain making it even more difficult to find her.

I roared in fury and ended up punching a tree. It was obliterated within seconds.

Where are you?!

I raked my hands through my hair like a mad man. All I was getting from Violet was fear and confusion. There wasn't a coherent thought running through her mind for me to read, just so many heavy emotions.

"FUCK!"

I whipped out my phone and called Alcide.

"What do you want?" The wolf snapped.

"Watch your mouth wolf. I need help."

"What the fuck with?"

The wolf was pissing me off more than I was willing to indulge. "Listen dog! Violet is missing! She set the fucking house on fire-"

"She set the house on-"

"She's fucking gone! I need your help to track her! We don't have much time!" I could hear the tremble in my voice at the end but I didn't have time to fall apart.

"Where are you?"

"I'm east of where my house used to be."

"I'll start with the south end and make my way around. We'll find her."

I hung up the phone and headed to the sky.

~

Alcide P.O.V.

I ran through the bayous sniffing the ground and the air to get any scent of Violet. It was hard having to distinguish from everything around me as the rain poured. I could hear the alligators hiss and thrash in water, birds sing, crickets chirping, and toads croaking. Then I smelt it. Smoke.

As fast as my wolf form could take me, I ran. I ran till I came to a clearing with smoke billowing around it. Violet was crouched on the ground in the middle of it with her knees tucked under her. She was rocking herself back and forth as the flames from her body scorched a perfect circle around.

Slowly I made my way over with my paws pressing lightly into the wet ground.

To be honest I was scared shitless. Even though Violet and I were friends, she didn't exactly look like she was in her right mind at the moment. Hell, she was literally a ball of fire in a rainstorm.

The rain pounded on my fur as I got closer to her. I was just a few yards away until she looked up at me and gave me a warning to stop. I did as she wanted and formed back into my human self. The rain didn't bother my bare skin because of all of the heat my body produced.

While we stared at each other, her flames got bigger and bigger. I could feel the immense heat she was giving off. It was intense but I cursed to myself and walked forward anyway.

"Violet, it's Alcide," I said softly and put my hands up.

"Alcide?" Violet asked and looked at me closer.

"Yeah hun, it's me."

Violet took a couple of deep breaths and her flames calmed down some.

She let me walk up to her and I tried to place my hand on her arm but I got burned and yanked it back.