Ch. 12 A sight to See

Violet’s P.O.V.

                The night the King stopped by I had another dream of the woman who said Eric was now hers. Her face became clear and her name appeared in the air. It read “Cora”. After waking up from it I asked Eric if that was the Queen’s name. The look in his eyes gave me the answer and a chill down my spine.

                Two weeks since then went by and both of the royals were not making our lives any easier. Quite frankly they were pissing Eric and I both off. Just for starters the King had developed a habit of sending me priceless jewels and clothing. Not to mention with each package came an intimate note of him going over my beauty and character. The guy only talked to me for a minute! Then there’s Her Majesty…who has quite the sick fondness of sending Eric exotic looking women for him to do whatever he wishes with. I swear I’ve counted about twenty now…

                Either way the both of us wanted to literally rip their throats out.

                In the meantime I was in the in the kitchen trying to figure out what to do about the situation Eric and I were in. What if both royals somehow got so pissed at the both of us that they decide to start a war? Or what if they just would like to send assassins after Eric and I? Or what if they hire a bunch of witches to do some magic and somehow or someway we all die? You see all of these scenarios went through my mind in the past couple of weeks and when I decided to write them down on my notepad, I felt like I was going crazy with worry all ready.

                “What’s this?” Eric asked as he walked up behind me.

                “My list of what the royals might do.”

                Eric chuckled slightly and rested his head on my right shoulder. “An army huh?”

                “Eric this is no laughing matter! They are both dangerous. Who knows what they are willing to do. Not to mention I’m not a full demigod yet.”

                Eric turned me around and agreed. “You’re right. Thankfully though you have your powers and I am over a thousand years old. We can-“ But Eric stopped because of the doorbell.

                “If he sends you one more diamond!“ He hissed while heading to the door.

                “If she sends you one more woman!” I grunted in equal the tone and followed him to the door.

                When Eric opened the door no one was there but a medium sized square box. He picked it up and brought it back into the kitchen. With ease he sat it down on the island.

                “Who is it for?” I asked because I saw a card on the top sticking to it.

                My love opened the card and pulled it out. He flipped it over and said it only had “To Violet” written in it. I gulped and got a pair of scissors from the drawer. Quickly I pulled the box towards me and sliced it open. I screamed when I saw a pair of eyeballs laying there on a small cushion with a note saying “SEE YOU SOON” in big bold letters.

                “What the hell?” Eric voiced and whipped out his phone. “This is something entirely different. I’m calling everyone.”

~

                Eric did call everyone: Max, Pam, Sam, Alcide, Jessica, Bill, and even Caine. For over two hours all of us sat in the living room going over who could have sent me the package. It was a threat, no doubt about it, but it could have been sent by anyone. Anyone including the queen, the king, and whoever else had beef with me or Eric. The possibilities were endless.