45: Grass Ain't Greener

Start from the beginning

"Y'all may actually be in love but y'all are looking out for everybody else instead of being stingy for once and looking out for y'all selves. I can't tell neither one of you what to do or how to feel so I'm a mind my business...after this. Y'all are both adults and will do what y'all want but I hope y'all get it together and soon. I shouldn't even be saying shit but I noticed the changes you imprinted on my baby girl and I KNOW you're the one for her. I was mistaken with the first nigga I gave the green light to but this time I know for sure. Just know that this is a test for you two and if y'all both pass y'all will find each other again. If y'all can get through the bullshit it'll be smooth sailing with minor hiccups along the road. But uh let me go mind my business" Ian chuckled but wasn't shit funny.

Dave didn't know why Ian had said all that he said but it felt as though it was something he truly needed to hear. For him to even give him his blessing even stamped it for him. April was his end game and although they weren't together at the moment they were going to meet back up. He was going to get his woman back and when they got back right he was going to insure her that this was it. It would be no leaving him included. You're either in or you're in. There was no out. He wouldn't dare let her leave again. He was a fool for letting her go the first time and an even bigger fool for not running after her.

"I hear you loud and clear Unc loud and clear" and he did.

"Good, good now back to ya old lady. She's lucky Peanut is in Jamaica taking some time out for herself because she'd be at ya door right now ending this shit on her own. I don't want her to fuck up all that she has worked for and built for a bitter and jealous woman. It's not worth it but my Peanut is fed up. She doesn't want any of us stepping in because she says we have a lot to lose but what she fails to realize is that we're gonna have her back 110% whether she wants us to bud in or not. You know me I'm protective bout mines just like you are with ya lil girl. Ya old lady been trying to drag my baby girl through the mud for months to no avail and you would think she would stop but no. So I'm a let you handle this shit and is she keeps talking shit you already know how it's gonna end. I know she's ya baby mama but imagine the shoe being on the other foot. You come for mine I come for yours is the way I see it and right bout now she's coming for mines and I ain't feeling that shit" Dave could tell that Ian was pissed. It was all in his tone and the way he spoke.

Dave knew that this wasn't a threat but a promise so he took heed to the warning. He was going to have to put Millie on a tight leash and fast because the way he saw it she was bound to get her ass handed to her.

"I'll handle it. I don't understand why she's so hell bent on starting shit when I know she ain't bout that life. April has been more than respectful towards her and yet she keeps starting shit when I know she doesn't want no smoke" Dave exclaimed. "I tell her time and time again that I'm focused on her and only her which I am. I promised her that I would put my all into our relationship and I have and still no matter what I say or do it's never enough" Dave didn't know why he was sharing this information with Ian but it felt different from when he talked to his family and friends about it. Maybe it was because Ian didn't know Millie personally.

"She knows just like you know that she'll never be what my baby girl is to you. Yes you and her share a child and been through some things once upon a time but y'all grew up and grew out of each other. You found another source of happiness besides ya daughter. She knows that whatever she does she will never make you feel the way my Peanut makes you feel and that bothers her. Instead of being an adult and counting her loss she sees my daughter as a threat and a target and her source of unhappiness because she won't ever have the relationship that you and Peanut use to have. Jealousy is a powerful thing and mix that with entitlement it's a recipe for disaster" Ian spoke.

Dave sighed because he too agreed with everything that was said but he was trying so hard to do the right thing. So far doing the right thing when it came to Millie had been the wrong thing.