xiv.

Jungkook
please
please come over
I'm scared Tae
I don't know what to do
now

Taehyung glanced down at his phone in concern, not sure how to respond. He wanted to comfort Jungkook during what had most likely been another breakdown, but he was afraid to leave their dorm in case they got news about Jimin. Despite their manager's instructions, Namjoon had told them all to stay home, and so most of them were still sitting in the living room as though they expected Jimin to walk in the door.

incoming call from Jungkook

Taehyung glanced at it nervously, declining the call. The living room was silent, and he didn't want to disturb the atmosphere. It felt wrong to think about talking to Jungkook when he didn't know that Jimin was missing, that everything wasn't fine.

incoming call from Jungkook

missed call from Jungkook (2)

incoming call from Jungkook

"Hi," Taehyung said, pressing the phone against his ear and whispering. Even so, all the heads in the room turned towards him, wondering what could be more important that focusing on Jimin's absence right now as they all tried to listen in on the conversation.

"Please," Jungkook said on the other line, and Taehyung winced as he heard the choked gasps between breaths that indicated that the youngest was crying. "Please, I need you-"

"I'm sorry," Taehyung said, his stomach turning painfully. "I'm really sorry Jungkook, but I can't leave right now-"

"I know you're busy but this is an emergency," Jungkook said before taking several short breaths in.

"I'm sorry Jungkook but we sort of have an emergency going on here so-"

"Please," Jungkook begged, and Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut, trying not to picture Jungkook's discolored crying face and his clear but wet eyes. "It's about Jimin, Taehyung, I'm really scared and-"

Taehyung's eyes flicked open, but before he could speak, the phone was ripped out of his hand. "Do you know something about Jimin?" Yoongi asked, listening past Jungkook's sobs for an answer to his question.

"Please, I'm scared and-"

"Do you know where he is?" Yoongi asked, his voice louder, and Jungkook's cries grew in volume as well. "Jungkook! Do you know where Jimin is?"

"Yes- No, I don't- Not really, I- I saw him-"

"Where?" Yoongi asked, already throwing his unoccupied arm into his jacket and slipping on his shoes. "Where, Jungkook?"

"On my phone, I don't know where, she didn't say-"

"I'm on my way," Yoongi said, hanging up the call and tossing the phone to Taehyung.

"Did he tell you where Jimin is?" Taehyung asked, looking down at the phone and then back up at Yoongi. "Is he okay?"

"I don't know what the hell he's going on about," Yoongi said, his eyes dark. "I'm going over there to ask him in person and figure out just what he knows."

Namjoon stepped into the room, mouth open as he planned to say something to the group, but he took in Yoongi's figure, all dressed to go outside, and he looked between him and the others. "What's going on? Where is he going? Where are you going, Yoongi?"

"To see Jungkook," he answered shortly. "He knows something about Jimin, not sure what."

"You're not going alone," Namjoon said, and nobody argued with him, not today.