Blank Canvas

The early morning sun was blinding as Kim Taehyung walked out onto his porch, his biohazard suit tucked neatly in his bag. The black handle cool against his fingertips it happened last night again, another murder. He seemed to be unfazed as was his tired roommate they were used to this. In fact they kind of relied on it because it was what kept them working what payed their bills. Ever since the nuclear power plant went out of business they were struggling to make ends meet.

"Come on Jungkook! Were going to be late, I know you stayed up all night playing Overwatch but we have work."

The groggy man emerged with his black backpack sling over one shoulder and a pair of dark blue overalls hugging his thin waist. His expression showed exhaustion but was otherwise blank. This was completely normal as Jungkook was clinically a psychopath, a small secret only shared with his two close friends Park Jimin and Taehyung. The younger man had stopped showing much emotion after they knew his condition. Jungkook went to therapy every Friday morning and took medication to try and fix his brain, some new concoction of pills to try each month. It seemed every time he opened his mouth they began writing a new prescription. After Jungkook assured his friends he wasn't using them for some sick gain he really just saw them as people and nothing else they excepted him just like they had before.

He was a loose gun as the therapist had told them, not really having a filter and feeling emotions but never amplifying them. Meaning they can sometimes be dismissed as soon as they arrived. "Your a fucking asshole for waking me up. Wish I could choke you out..." Face calm and collected compared to the threatening words leaving the boys mouth Taehyung just sighed and started the car. "Thanks though, I missed my alarm again." Jungkook said turning on the radio and blaring static suddenly filled the car. He left it there for a moment relishing in the way it made Taehyung jump. He grumbled rubbing his neck before grabbing the aux cord whipping his leg with it. "Music or turn it off, I hate it when you listen to static like that." Jungkook plugged in his phone and slow jazz filled the silence.

Sometimes Taehyung wonders if perhaps Jungkook is just trapped so deeply in his own subconscious he chooses not to interact with the outside world like a real person. Although that would be far off from what the therapist said Taehyung was a hopeful boy when it came to Jungkook he really just wanted the best for him.

The car arrived at the apartment complex and they piled out of the car with their gear the EMT already dragging away the body. "Shame we couldn't see her."

Jungkook was elbowed in the side and Taehyung smiled to the ambulance worker taking a few steps forward. "All yours, Chris brought your supplies up and the truck is parked that way if you need more hazmat suits." Strong arms closed the doors and Jungkook stared dead eyed at the way Taehyung ogled at him.

"That guy has a flat ass, come on lemme put on my mask." Jungkook tutted and dragged Taehyung inside the building following the police up to the room. Jungkook had many different ways of mimicking others personality's to appeal to them. He called them his masks and as much as it concerned Taehyung he was always grateful when Jungkook was able to sweet talk their boss into something.

"Boys! I'm happy to see you, today is important and I want you to listen." Jungkook raised his eyebrows his expression coming to life like a blossoming flower it was frightening watching someone's face go from stoic to overly joyed within an instant. Taehyung eyes Jungkook who was now smiling wide bowing in an over exaggerated fashion.

"Of course Chan." He said his voice even sounding different deeper then he normally spoke and full of interest.

"Call me Chris, Jungkook how many times do I have to tell you." He said bowing back a small grin covering his features, reaching out to ruffle the young boys hair. "Now, we have a special guest on todays clean up, Kim Namjoon he's a special investigator. He wants to look over some of the evidence he can't get from the coroner report. Give him anything he needs, also bleach the carpet if not much blood comes off then just start ripping it up, we might have to resort to putting in hard wood floors. The couch is leather so just make sure to disinfect it and spray the whole place afterward." Taehyung was still dazed by the way Jungkook just smiled, standing there as if he Chan was talking about the most interesting thing on the planet and not how they should be cleaning up a crime scene. As long as Mr. Bang Chan wore that grin of his Jungkook reflected it just ten times brighter. "Lets go boys!" He spoke his Australian accent harsh and bulky compared to the smooth flow of Korean. He passed by them patting Jungkook on the back a shiver running down his spine as his eye began to twitch. He grimaced walking away same stone cold expression falling into place as they entered the apartment.

Nobodys Fool [Namkook] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें