Chapter 27

March 2019

Camari

I woke up early so that we could get the Orange Crush weekend started. Orange Crush was a big deal for Savannah State, some say it's boring now but for me it's just an opportunity to do ratchet shit with my ratchet friends.

My bestie Harmonie and I got up this morning and made breakfast. Once we were finished we each went into our rooms to do our hygiene and get ready. I wrapped my faux locs up into a bun and started the shower water so that it could heat up to the right temperature.

While waiting I decided to go ahead and decide what to put on, settling on a white crop top with pink writing and a pink skirt. I hopped into the shower and washed my body for about 30 minutes as music blared through my Bluetooth speakers.

Once I got out I applied Shea Butter to my skin and got dressed. I stepped into the living room to see that Harmonie had on the same outfit as me; "look at you trying to be like ya bestie" I said as I giggled.

"Girl you trying to be like me, you must was peeking in my room when I got dressed" she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah right Monie" I waved her off, laughing.

"So what we doing first?" I asked as I plopped down on the couch.

"Well the Greeks are having a Beach Bash today at 2 so we can just go there" she shrugged as she plopped down next to me.

"That's cool with me! We driving my car or yours?" I asked.

She side eyed me; "rock, paper, scissors?"

I smiled wide, we always used this method as a deciding mechanism being that we were both indecisive. "Best two out of three, let's go" I replied as I held my fist in my hand.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" We said in unison. I threw out rock and she threw out paper.

"I cover you, let's go" she laughed.

We repeated the steps 3 more times because we tied the second time. It resulted in me losing which meant we were driving my car. Both of us went into our rooms. grabbed our phones, lip gloss, and debit cards and headed out of the door to the parking lot to hop inside my Hot Pink Jeep Wrangler.

As soon as we hoped into the truck we rolled the window down and I turned on "Bickenhead" by Cardi B. "Oouuu now you know this our shit bestie!" Monie shouted as she turned the radio up full blast.

I pulled out of the parking space and we headed towards Tybee Island, it was about a 45 minute drive from campus so the first thing we needed to do was hit up the gas station to fill up and grab snacks. We both rapped along to the lyrics as we danced in our seats;

"Yeah, pop that pussy like you ain't pop that pussy in a while
Pop that pussy like poppin' pussy is goin' out of style
Pop that pussy while you work, pop that pussy up in church
Pop that pussy on the pole, pop that pussy on the stove
Make that pussy slip and slide like you from the 305
Put your tongue out in the mirror, pop that pussy while you drive"

"Aaayyyeeee bestfriend shake that shit" Harmonie hyped me as I started twerking on the part that said pop that pussy while you drive. I couldn't help but to laugh at her crazy ass.

Once we stopped at the gas station we went inside and grabbed some chips, candy, and waters for the ride. I put $60 in my tank and we headed back out of the store.

"Aye ma?" I heard a deep voice on the opposite side of the pump say. I didn't bother giving the dude my attention because I hate gas station niggas.