Chapter 8

Toya

I was having another restless night where I could rarely sleep. I ain't with this "playing dumb shit." Ion care what Jason or Jasper say, I'll be damned if I put these kids in harms way.

I got out of bed, slid on my slippers, and exited the bedroom heading to Israel's bedroom. My son meant the world to me. He's truly the air that I breath, the best thing Isaiah could've gifted to me.

I walked into his room and picked him up out of his crib. I normally wouldn't hold him while he was sleeping but tonight I needed him to calm my nerves. I sat in the rocking chair and cradled him in my arms as I rocked back and forth.

I began to hum a toon as I closed my eyes allowing my thoughts to run wild. As I'm sitting there I hear footsteps, so I opened my eyes. At first I didn't see anything, until I seen a shadow walk past the room.

I placed Rel back into his bed and crept towards the door. I peeked my head out but still I saw nothing. Walking back towards the dresser I opened the drawer and grabbed a small key, I locked his bedroom door and made my way down the stairs.

Once I made it all the way down I noticed the basement door was slightly opened. I walked into the living room and reached my hand under the couch for the small handgun and headed towards the basement.

I made it to the last step when I heard talking. I rounded the corner to see Mani and Ri both sitting on the couch in the common area whispering to each other. "Y'all hoes know y'all can't sneak right" I chuckled.

They both turned towards me; "girl we wasn't trying to" Ri replied, shrugging her shoulders. I tucked the gun into my sweatpants pocket and joined them sitting criss-cross.

"So what's the plan? Cause I know that's what y'all down here doing" I asked. 

"That's what we're trying to figure out, I'm not with this shit Jason them talking" Mani said mugging.

Her ass stayed ready to kill somebody. Ion even know why Jason tried to pull that shit with her cause he knew she wasn't going out like that.

"I agree" Ri nodded.

"Well y'all know I'm with all the fuck shit, so tell me what's up" I shrugged.

"I was thinking something simple like poisoning her. That way it would be inconspicuous" Mani stated.

"Yeah there's no way we're shooting her with the kids here" Ri replied.

I nodded; "I'm with it. So when?"

"Sunday dinner?" Mani asked.

Today was Thursday which meant we had at least two days to prepare. "That's cool" I shrugged.

"What's cool" Luckie stated as he rounded the corner. We all looked in his direction.

Oh shit....

"What is Charlie's Angels up to now?" he asked smirking like he knew something was up.

"Aight, it was funny the first two times, now the shit just lame as hell" Ri replied stale facing him.

He chuckled; "okay then Totally Spies"

"Nig- you know what, good night" Ri laughed as she stood up to leave. Once she made it past him she looked back and nodded her head.

"Wwweeellllll this is my cue" Mani stretched dramatically and got up, heading up the stairs.

These bitches know I can't hold water when it come to this nigga, and they gone leave me down here to get the third degree.