Chapter 1 - Meeting

Jayne Gregory was a currently a student at a local culinary school. Ever since she could remember, she had a simple dream - to open a French cuisine restaurant with a little bakery attached. Pastries were her passion, though French food stole her heart when her Father whisked her away to France for a few years after her mother's death when she was 13. Jayne returned to America shortly after her graduation when her Father became ill and thought it best to spend his last days near friends and family. He succumbed to his illness when Jayne was 19, leaving her a small amount of money to help her pursue her dream of entrepreneurship.

The last two years were great. Jayne had started her second year of culinary training; her goal was to take every class provided so she could learn everything about food and running a business. Her friend and roommate Marcie, a history major, had taken up a job at a local museum in the last few months and was hoping to make an impression on her boss and professor so she could land a job as an assistant curator after her courses finished. She was well on her way too as third year students didn't usually get hired for the position she had.

"Jaynie you're an absolute lifesaver!" Marcie clasped her hands together as Jayne stood in front of the mirror to apply the last touches of eyeliner to her pristine blue eyes. Marcie came up behind her and began running her fingers through Jayne's straight light brown hair.

"I know, I know. Just stop mucking up my hair." Jayne slapped her friend's hand away as she turned back and continued her task. "So why did you need 20 cheesecakes Marcie? What kind of event is this at the museum?" Marcie sat on the edge of the tub and crossed her legs. "It's the opening night of a Pirate Exhibit. You have no idea how big this is. Henry Avery is our spotlight pirate, and there are some stupid rare pieces on display. I actually got to handle some of them."

Jayne pushed her bottom lip into her top one as she nodded to show her slight impression at Marcie's happiness over the matter, though pirates weren't really her thing. "Cool. Cool. Well I wont be lying if I said I'm actually not all that interested in attending, but I did promise you I would make an appearance to impress your boss."

"I can't thank you enough." Marcie said as she stood from the bathtub and began trotting to her room to grab her purse and shoes.

"You owe me big. You're just lucky we had the manpower to do it, kid. Normally it's just me working in the bakery on Wednesdays. Sarah and I stayed extra late to get them done. Should I tell your boss you waited until last minute to tell me about the order?"

Marcie poked her head into the bathroom as Jayne pulled her bangs back into a couple of Bobby pins on top of her head. "Don't you dare. You don't mention anything you little shit." Her finger wagged as Jayne just smiled and slid her red heels on.

++

As far as Jayne could tell, tonight was a success. There were, apparently, a lot of big named people who showed up and were admiring the exhibit. Jayne stood back sipping a glass of champagne as she just admired the excitement on Marcie's freckled face as she talked to some businessmen about the pieces on display.

"Not one for pirate treasures I take it?" A young man came to bump shoulders with Jayne as she held her one arm across her stomach and the other lifted the long stemmed glass to her lips. "Not overly. I mean, I don't hate historical stuff but its not how I had hoped to spend a free Friday evening." She shrugged as the casually dressed man smiled and took a sip of his own champagne.

"It is rather fascinating, though. To see the great scores of pirate treasure, how they were able to be so successful way back without the information we have today." The man said as he eyed Jayne's knee length dress that clung to her curves. "Mmhmm. Heard all about that from Marcie. She's the red head over there practically orgasming over this stuff." She snickered as she pointed her pinky in the direction of her curly red haired friend.