Chapter 14 - End It

Flashback

Jayne

An early morning knock at her door came. Jayne lazily stood from her bed, the short silk nightgown hanging loosely from her body as she stepped towards the door, her hand rubbing her eyes as her finger grazed the doorknob before pulling the door open.

"Rafe?" She mumbled out, the light from the hallway all but blinding her as Rafe gently pushed his way into her room, the door shutting behind him as Jayne flicked the light switch on, her eyes receiving another blinding shot of light.

"Sorry, baby. I didn't want to wake you but I really needed to see you before I left." Rafe put his duffle bag down on the floor as his hands went to Jayne's shoulders, his fingers fiddling with the thin strap that laid on her shoulders.

"Didn't you just leave here, Rafe?" Jayne noted as she took hold of Rafe's wrist and checked his rolex watch. "Pretty much." He shrugged as he took his left hand and placed it on the back of her neck. "You know this is the last time you'll see me before I, hopefully, find that treasure." Rafe smiled as Jayne just stood there, her eyes still working the sleep dust from them.

"I sure hope so, Rafe. I can't handle this." Her mouth formed a soft smile as Rafe pressed his lips softly into hers. Her hands went to his neck as she pushed her hands into his well kept hair, a moan escaping her lips as he pulled her hips into him. "I'm not the praying type, but I will be praying to whatever higher being is there that this will be over soon." Jayne said as her forehead rested against Rafe's.

"I love you Jaynie. I really hope you know that." Rafe's hand came to her cheek as his thumb stroked her soft skin, her head tilting into his touch as she took hold of his hand with her's. "I know, Rafe. I love you too. I really mean that. Even with all this, bullshit. I do love you."

One final kiss was had between them, a tender and loving kiss, one that Jayne had craved to share with him for so long. As he left, she couldn't help but feel like this would be the last time she saw him, though she quickly pushed that thought from her mind.

++

Flashback

Sam

His breath hitched as he scaled the wall of Rafe's house, knowing he was under the master bedroom. Jayne should be fast asleep and alone as Sam had just left Rafe up at the Cathedral, sprawled out over a layer of maps and  drawings as he succumbed to sleep.

It had been a good week since he had seen Jayne, and he was basically going insane with need. Just one kiss. He kept telling himself as his hand took hold of another ledge, his arms pulling himself up as he brought his foot up to stand and lean his stomach against the building as he carefully made his way on the ledge before reaching up to curl his hands under the railing of the balcony.

With a grunt, Sam pulled himself up and crawled over the railing, being careful not to be seen by any of the Shoreline soldiers who were keeping guard in the garden below him. The room was dark with the curtains drawn as Sam made his way to the doorknob. He turned the knob, a smile pasting across his face as he slowly and carefully pushed the one half of the glass French doors open.

Closing it behind him, Sam tip toed towards the bed, his gaze landing on Jayne as she slept. Her hair was laying down her back as she laid with her back towards the door he had just came through. He smiled as she was wearing black lace boy shorts and a black silk camisole. Sam stood there for a moment as he licked his lips, his hand beginning to move closer to Jayne's skin. He slowly sat onto the edge of the bed as he began dragging his finger down the crook of her neck, down her shoulder and down her curvy hip. Jayne hummed at his touch, a light smile forming on her face as she began stirring from her slumber.