46. Struck

Colors of the Wind

"There's a first for everything."

"So, Tyler Lockwood is a lunatic who has access to our house," Elena announces as I enter the house seeing Jeremy sitting at the dining room table

"I mean, this whole sire bond this is wild. I don't think Tyler's full aware of what little reason lies behind what he's saying. It's his weird cult logic," Alaric explains with a quiet voice.

"Great, that's a wonderful influence for you, Jeremy," I retort harshly, spinning around and facing the empty chair. My eyes lock onto his ring sitting on the green plate and my eyes widen.

"That's his ring," I mumble out with confusion, glancing over at the open front door. Alaric, Elena, and I rush out the front door to see Jeremy standing in the middle of the road.

"Jeremy? What is he doing?" Elena calls out and the loud engine of a car starts to rumble down the road, heading straight towards my brother.

"Jeremy, move!" Alaric demands as I start sprinting towards the road, the car coming in at full speed. I pant heavily and using all my force, I shove my brother out of the way and he collides with the ground.

"Sam!" Elena screams loudly and my eyes meet the car, my body freezing. The color drains from my face and my jaw drops open. The impact of the car sends me flying off my feet, crashing into the windshield and the pain strikes through my body. My head slams down on the top of the car I roll over it, my limbs going numb.

I land on the ground with a harsh thud and my eyelids become heavy, my heartbeat slowing down. Every ounce of consciousness I still have fades away to nothing.

I force open my eyelids and I inhale sharply, my heart pounding against my chest. I twirl my fingers around, my muscles and limbs slowly coming back to life. I sit up on the couch in the Salvatore living room as Damon walks inside.

"Oh, I thought I was dead," I groan out and he cocks his head to the side.

"You did get hit by a car," he points out, shrugging his shoulders and I nod my head.

"There's a first for everything," I sigh out, my head pounding and I squint my eyes.

"Not the first time Klaus has tried to kill you," Damon retorts harshly and I roll my eyes with annoyance, glaring at him firmly.

"I feel perfectly fine minus a tiny headache. Did you feed me your blood?" I ask curiously and he lets out a tiny sigh, bobbing his head eagerly.

"I got the hospital and you weren't awake yet. You were in pretty bad shape and Elena were there, begging me to help you. I didn't really have a choice," Damon explains with a soft voice and I shoot him a reassuring smile.

Jeremy pokes his head inside the living room and he sprints over to me, kneeling down beside me.

"Ah, he finally shows up. I just took a car hit for you, so be thankful," I comment sarcastically, and he nods his head, grabbing onto my hand and giving it a light squeeze.

"You're okay," Jeremy chuckles out with relief and I punch him playfully in the shoulder. 

"You know, it's not safe for you here anymore, Jeremy," Elena announces, walking into the living room. Jeremy stands up onto his feet and furrows his eyebrows with confusion.

"You can't live here anymore," I mumble out, shaking my head with denial.

Damon grabs onto Jeremy's shoulders and stares into his eyes.

"Here's the thing Jeremy. You're going to go out of town for a little while. A long while. You're gonna stay with some family friends in Denver. You're going to be in a new school and meet new girls. Living girls. You can do whatever you want. You're going to leave Mystic Falls behind and never think twice about it. You're gonna have a better life Jeremy," Damon compels Jeremy and a tear runs down Elena's cheek.

I walk out the Salvatore house and Damon follows me outside. "It's for the better, you know?" Damon questions, nudging my shoulder and I glance up into his glistening blue eyes.

"Yeah, I just don't seem to be able to get a break between getting hit by a car and forcing my brother to leave town," I mumble out, staring up at the half moon in the sky.

"Sam," Damon calls out and I snap my head towards him. Our eyes connect and his hands slip onto my face, heat radiating onto my body. My hands find their way to his wrists and I grip onto them tightly.

I eagerly press my lips to Damon's and he inhales sharply, pulling my body closer to his.