09. The Truth

Colors of the Wind

"You are going to have a much bigger problem."

Elena told Bonnie everything last night, she didn't really have a choice

Elena told Bonnie everything last night, she didn't really have a choice. Bonnie's taking the news pretty well, it's not that far off from realizing that you're a witch.

I push open the large wooden door to the Salvatore house and it creeks loudly. Shivers creep up my spine and 

"Damon? Stefan?" I call out, stepping inside the warm house. Silence fills the air and I shrug my shoulders, closing the door behind me. I walk around the main level of the house and no sign of either Salvatore brother.

I skip up the stairs and step inside to what looks like Stefan's room. A huge bed on the other side of the room and a desk on the other side. I walk around and my eyes lock onto an old picture. I grab the picture and flip it over.

The color drains from my face and my feet glue into the ground. My limbs go numb with absolute fear and the hair starts to tinge along the back of my neck.

Katherine, 1864.

Katherine looks exactly like Elena, and I mean exactly. The eyes, the hair, the smile, everything about her screams my sister. How? This can't be possible! Doppelgangers are a thing, but every single detail of Katherine looks exactly like my sister.

I spin around on my heel and see Stefan standing in the doorway, his thick eyebrows knitted together. I hold up the tiny photo and Stefan's expression drops.

"Were you ever going to tell Elena?" I ask and Stefan frowns widely, lowering his head with shame.

"I planned on leaving Mystic Falls, so no. There's a new vampire in town he's been killing people out in the open and I have to stay to figure it out," Stefan explains and my breath hitches in my throat.

"Oh my God. Is it because they look alike?" I scoff out and Stefan's eyes widen as he rapidly shakes his head.

"No, no, not at all. Elena is kind, compassionate, heartfelt, and all the things that Katherine wasn't. They are opposites," Stefan comments sternly and I squeeze the picture in my palm.

"Stefan, you have to tell her because right now, if she finds out...you are going to have a much bigger problem. I know Elena loves you and this, it would crush her," I point and he presses his lips together.

"I know," he mumbles out as I walk past him, shoving the photo into his chest. I stumble down the stairs and see Damon standing in front of the fireplace, his shirt unbuttoned. My eyes skim over his built body, my mouth watering.

The fire glistens on his abs and I gulp, quickly glancing away from him.

"Staring, much?" he questions me, his eyes meeting mine. I clear my throat and shake my head.

"Nope," I reply dryly, leaning against the wall.

"Caught our new vampire, Logan Fell," Damon groans out, ripping out a tiny bullet out from his chest. He tosses the bullet covered in his blood in the fire and my eyes get lost in the raging orange flames.

"Logan Fell? God, he's an asshole," I comment under my breath and Damon shoots me a glance.

"And what determines an asshole?" Damon asks me, a smirk across his face as he buttons up his shirt and I roll my eyes with amusement.

"And that's my que to leave. Goodnight," I sigh out, walking over to the door and swinging it open. The darkness outside waits for me and I step outside, shutting the door behind me.