-+- 5 -+-

Ada looked into the mirror, peering at her own reflection, scrutinising her flaws as the women around her rushed to get her ready for the ball.

The girl's make up artist prodded at her face, applying a light layer of foundation, concealer and powder, running soft cool toned peaches and pinks through the crease of her lid, packing on a metallic gold glitter on the center of the lid. Ada felt her eyes watering slightly as the women fumbled around with the whispy false lashes, causing the girl pain as the women prodded her in the eye numerous times. Finally, the look was topped off with some cheek makeup and a nude, mauve lipstick.

While all this was happening two women fumbled with the girl's hair, one pulling left, the other pulling the opposite direction. The women curled the girl's hair to perfection, while the other used her nimble fingers to braid a plait crown into the girl's scalp, making her wince in pain.

Ada looked over to her dress, admiring it's beauty as it leaned up against her closet door, a matching pair of heels neatly lined beneath it. Finally, the women around her parted away from the girl, letting her get a full glance at her appearance in the mirror. Her makeup was light, hair ethereal, she looked beautiful, like an innocent porcelain doll. The teen smiled, blinking softly as she looked into the mirror, enjoying her appearance.

Feet softly travelling over the floor, the girl gracefully pulled the dress off it's hanger. Waving her hands, the three women bowed, scuttling out of the room quickly. Ada let the silk robe fall off her body as she rummaged through her dresser, pulling out the underwear set she had saved especially for this night.

Ada was sure she was going to get attention from many males tonight so she had handpicked her underwear so they would not be disappointed if she let any male get that far

Taking a deep breath, Ada slowly slipped her dress on letting the fabric hug her shape perfectly. The brunette gasped as she beamed brightly, feeling good about her appearance. The dress was a stunning baby blue, strapless, adorned with white laced flowers which stood out dramatically against the fabric.

Ada felt like a princess, like Cinderella ready for her ball, and she damn well deserved to be treated like one looking the way she did

Ada snapped out of her trance of admiring herself as her father briskly entered the room. The man looked smart in his polished black tux and gelled hair making him look at least 10 years younger than he actually was.

"You look beautiful my love." Her dad whispered fondly to his daughter. Ada blushed and looked down at the floor, waving him off in embarrassment, she was not used to getting compliments from her family, "Are you ready to go?"

Ada shook her head, rushing to slip her clear, blue tinted 6 inch heels on her tiny feet, size US 4, and spritzing some of her favourite YSL Black Opium perfume onto her body. Mr Luce, waited impatiently for his daughter as she rushed around the room, collecting last minute items to throw in a clutch.

"Com on!" Ada's father called impatiently to his daughter as they rushed to the entrance of the house. Ada looked down, feeling suddenly intimidated as her mother looked at her in disapproval as she stood before a sleek black limo.

"Could you take any longer child?" She scolded as Ada looked at her phone, which she had barely remembered to grab, 7:30pm. Ada was going to be in for a hell of a night and it had only just begun.

Climbing into the limo, the family sat in silence as the drove to the Pericoloso mansion. The brunette sighed as her father cleared his throat, clearly an indicator he wished to speak.

"Ada." He called to the girl, who immediately looked him in the eye, knowing better than to disobey, "be good tonight, okay?" He warned the girl, "anything could happen and there will be people here, bad people even worse than us, who you do not want to be involved with. Take care of yourself. Don't do anything stupid, anything Ada like." He glared at the girl, settling a nerve of uneasiness into her stomach at the serious expression.

Ada nodded quickly, returning her gaze out of the window. Looking at the large estates rolling by, Ada couldn't help but wonder to herself the level of danger she was in even by attending this ball. God, how she would soon wish to have never even been invited...