"What? What could possibly be funny this time!" I say and cross my arms again. His eyes go up and down my outfit.

He walks closer to me and touches the material of my shirt, the smile still not leaving his face.

"It's just that... well that's an interesting choice for a top." He says and tilts his head to the side. 

"What do that even mean? It's a NEUTRAL top. Sorry I'm not dressed in black all the dang time!" I saw and start walking toward the door to leave the apartment.

Harry bee-lines behind me. 

"Yeah but I didn't mean all of that in a malicious way." He says in my ear while opening the door for the both of us.

"What do you mean?" I say confused as we both step out in the icy cold.

"I mean that it shows of your boobs fucking wonderfully. I can't wait to take it off you tonight." He says grinning and takes my hand in his. 

"Does it really?" When I bought the top, I honestly had no intention of trying to show anything off. I just needed a simple top and this fit perfectly.

"Yeah it shows the natural curve of your breasts. It's super fucking sexy if you ask me." He says and snakes his hand around my waist. 

"I thought you didn't like it when I wore tops like this?"

"I don't. But you're wearing a jacket over it, so it covers them up." 

"Oh to be honest, I thought you were making fun of me or something.." I look over to see his reaction.

"Not everything I say to you is to make fun of you Tessa. Even though it's really too." He smiles and I know it's a genuine one. 

I sigh. Harry's not one to over-show me with compliments so it's nice to get them every once in a while. But he has a weird way of giving compliments I guess. 

We almost finish off the laundry list of chores that need to be done, with Harry complaining every once in a while about how  "damn cold New York City is" and that everyone in the city is lucky that they still "have their fucking fingers and toes still on their bodies". He claims that his are steadily falling off. I laugh when he says that. 

Since he's in a semi-joking mood, I decide to bring up Zayn's birthday party again.

"So about Zayn's-"

"Absolutely fucking not." He says in one tone that reveals his inner feelings toward Zayn.

"You didn't even let me finish!" I say.

"I don't even need you too Tess. I don't like the guy. We've gone over this 100 damn times and I don't want to go over it again."

"Really? Because last time I checked, we only talked about it once." I say and raise my eyebrows.

"Well it feels like a lot fucking more. That says a lot on its own." 

"I'm just saying, can you think about it?" I plead. I see a slight shift in his facial expression that reveals that he's considering the idea. 

"Why do you want to go so fucking badly anyway? It's not like we talk to any of those people." He says with a defensive tone. 

"I just think it would be nice to see everyone else again. Even though I wasn't particularly close to any one of them, it might be nice for you. Face it Harry. Those people were your friends at one point. Before I was there. You spent time with them. That had to have meant something." I say.

I look over and he scratches the body of his chin and narrows his eyebrows. I can tell he's thinking about what I said because he has a sort of pensive look on his face.

After what feels like agonizing moments of watching Harry dwell over what I just said and hyping myself up for the consideration that he says yes, he gives me a simple response.

"Hell no." He says simply. 

"So what other chore did you need to finish?" He asks, pretending as if the previous conversation never existed and that whatever I just said was irrelevant.

I let my irritancy slide. 

"Well...erhh.. no actually. I still needed to get toothpaste." 

"Okay then let's stop by a corner shop. I know one near us."

Harry leads the way without saying a word to me about Zayn's party or anything in general. I struggle to keep up with him because he's walking so fast. I almost trip over a curb but luckily I catch myself. Harry doesn't even notice my clumsiness cause it seems like he's walking so far ahead of me. 

I finally catch up to him and we are walking side by side. Neither of us say anything. We reach the store and I grab the toothpaste and we still don't say anything. It's not that we are fighting or anything, it's just that talking about Zayn and the friend group we had in college is a touchy topic for the both of us because we didn't exactly have the best experiences with the both of them.

We keep walking and the whole "no talking" thing is really starting to burn inside me.

After the agonizing silence, I unintentionally blurt out, "This isn't because of Molly is it?" 

It's like something inside Harry immediately snaps because he directs his body and what it seems like, all his attention in my direction. 

"What? What do you mean because of Molly?" His eyes widen and burn into mine, slightly shocking me.

I take a moment to gather my thoughts because Harry's weird freak attack kind of took me back a little.

"Well...um... I mean I just thought that maybe you didn't want to go because you knew that Molly would be there and you didn't want to make things weird or uncomfortable to me?" This was just a thought I have but it's not too far-fetched. Harry could be potentially avoiding any future confrontations with Molly and I because he knew my apathy towards her deepened when I saw her kiss him at the wedding. 

"Molly.. she's.. she's.. she's irrelevant Tessa! I could care less about her. I wasn't even thinking about her in the first place but now that you mention it, it's more of a reason to avoid that stupid birthday party. I don't want to see Zayn or her for that matter." He says. I notice that when he says her name, he avoids eye contact with me.

Dang, what's his problem? I knew he disliked Molly but does talking about her make him uncomfortable too? I decide to drop the topic. 

We finally get back to the apartment. I change into a night down and Harry does the same, except he wears some lose pants and a black-T.

We both hop into bed and I turn on the TV. We watch this horror documentary for an hour. It's actually pretty good so I'm engrossed into it. After the hour is up, I feel myself falling asleep. I look over at Harry and he's still really into the show. I'm about to turn off my lap side light, when he says something.

"Tess I think I've decided on something." He says, his eyes not leaving the television.

I look over, slightly confused. 

"We're going to that party." 

I get up. 

"Harry really? Are you sure?" I say. This takes me by surprise but it excited me to hear it. 

"Yeah after a shit ton of thinking, I think it will be a good idea. It might actually be nice to see everyone."

"Okay, when is it?" I say, still feeling the excitement. I honestly didn't think he would come around but he did for once.

"This weekend." He says and turns off the TV. 

*End of chapter 47! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LIKE/COMMENT/STAR/FOLLOW ME. You guys we are near 600K views. This is so crazy to think I started this back in December and would get so excited when my view count even went up by 10 views haha, y'all are awesome :) Comment do you like what's happening in the story?