Chapter 7

Harry's POV

Tessa. Oh shit. She looks so sad. Of course Tessa had to come as soon as I started my speech.

I clear my throat and begin again. 

"Eh-hem. So like I was saying. I am going to skip the boring part of the speech of the speech where I tell you how Liam and I met. As many of you know, Liam and I are brothers. Shocking I know. Not by blood though."

I look at the audience once more and I see Molly and Richard. Instead of focusing on my original speech, I decide to give it a little twist and have some fun.

"Liam has got to be the most annoying human being I have ever met. But annoying in the best way. We are brothers after all." I laugh. Just hearing the word brother come out of my mouth is so weird.

I hear small laughter from the crowd and I know that I am doing something right.

"It is because I have a brother that I will always have a friend. You see the thing about Liam is that he knows where his fucking loyalty lies."

"Oh, sorry forgot I'm not allowed to curse at wedding." I laugh.

I look directly at Richard to let him know that the next part of my speech is directed towards him

"Liam knows that once something is someone else's, he knows not to mess with it. For those who do not understand, I can compare it to colors to make it easier for you. Loyalty is not grey. It is either black or white. There is no grey. You either have all of it, or none of it. That is why Liam fits so perfectly for his wife. His loyalty lies with her, and only her."

My eyes bore into Richard's as I say the next part.

"And why is that you may ask?" I straighten my shoulders and put down my phone and grab the microphone harder. 

"Because she choose him. She choose him over everyone else. She wanted him the best partner in life. From dusk till dawn, her love will be forever his. From now onwards, they will fight for each other."

"In times of sadness, happiness, sorrow, and everything in between nobody can prevent the bond that Liam and Sophia have formed."

"And I mean nobody." I burn my eyes into Richard and he seems slightly in his seat uncomfortably. 

After taking a couple of jabs at Richard, I thought Molly should be next.

"You see Liam is a man of many talents. Dressing is certainly not one of them though. But ya know, he is everything else you could want in a future husband.. thoughtful, kind, courageous, and all the good stuff in between. I mean he will do everything and anything for the woman he loves! For gods sake, the man allowed his entire wedding to be pink! I mean who does that! Only Liam, because he lets his wife have whatever she wants." 

I look over at Liam and he is blushing and looking over at his wife. She is smiling at him and they look so in love I can't wait for the next part of my speech. 

"But I mean let's be honest."

I pause.

"Pink was never my color."

And with that, Molly's jaw drops. 

"Thankyou all for coming." I say and exit the stage and immediately go to Tessa.

Tessa's POV

Harry's speech finishes and the audience starts clapping, completely unaware of the subtle jabs that Harry just made at two of the guests. If we're being completely honestly, it was funny to be one of the few people in the room who knew what Harry was talking about.