Chapter 18

Harry's POV:

I think seeing Tessa go up to Richard, it made me snap. I usually get mad when I see Tessa talk to other guys

But,

 This time was different.

 I think it was because I deliberately warned Richard not to talk to Tessa anymore and then I yelled at Tessa for talking to Richard.

Did she call him? Did she? She wouldn't do that, I know my Tessa. She knows how much I love her and how much it infuriates me when a male presence is even near Tessa. 

It's not that I don't trust Tessa. I do trust her, but it's those disgusting men around her that I don't trust. I see the way they look at her with their eyes, wishing they could put their hands on her precious skin. Skin that is reserved for only my touch. Skin that is so delicate it was tainted by the rough hands of mine.

I don't know what to think at this point.

I stand outside the jail pacing back and forth for a minute.

"Fuck!" I scream out loud and kick the hood of the nearest car to me with my foot.

I want to go back in there and wipe that smug look of Richard's face. He knew exactly who he was dealing with when he walked into this jail. He knew that he would have to go through me if he thought for a split second that Tessa would even give him the time of the day.

But that's the funny thing isn't it?

She did exactly that. She gave him the whole goddam morning, afternoon, and evening. 

Being the stubborn girl that she is, Tessa had to stride over to him and she had to touch him like that.

It stung so badly. She might have as well kissed him, that would have ripped out my heart. That's the thing. My heart isn't mine anymore. It's Tessa's. It's always been Tessa.

She has had control over it since she met me and I didn't even realize it. Who the fuck does she think she is, going over to him and touching him like that? Honestly, the thought of another man touching Tessa makes me want to rip all my hair out. 

It' disgusting, watching the woman you love look at other men the same way she looks at you.

My envious nature is going to take over my mental state if I don't start getting my shit together.

"Fuck!!" I hit another car with my foot, this time harder and it leaves a slight dent.

I'm going to hurt Tessa so bad for what she did to me. I thought we were done with all of this going back and forth but I guess I was sadly mistaken.

I'm going to make her pain so badly that she's going to cry my name at night to tell me to stop. Whatever I do to Tessa, I'm going to do to Richard ten times as badly.

Fuck the both of them. 

Richard should start wishing that he was never even born. First, messing with me to get to Tessa and now showing up to get Tessa.

Ha, ha. I think this is the universe's way of testing how far I will go until I am put on FBI's most wanted list for murdering Richard Pratt and every man that even touches Tessa like he did. 

I need to get away from this place. All this energy. It's hurting my head and I want to get far away from Tessa and all of these cops..

I kick some gravel to the side of the curb and decide to start walking. I don't know this part of New York so I have no idea where I'm going but one thing that I do know that New York has a coffee shop on every corner.

I figured the aroma of coffee would wake me up and help me clear my head and figure out what to do next.

I already know that I can fuck with Tessa by talking to Molly. I might do more but  I'm unsure yet. The thought of sex with Molly crosses my mind when I open the door to the coffee shoe.

I swing open the door to the stop and the interior is old and antique. I walk towards on one of the small round tables on the corner of the shop and pull out the small chair. 

What the hell, this chair is so goddamn small you would think this shop was made for five year olds and not adults. 

I sit down and slouch in my seat and hang my head back.

I look around and see a couple on the far end of the restaurant. They look deep in conversation. The brunette lady looks up and smiles at me but her husband(I think) glances back at me and places his hand on her arm forcing her back into the conversation.

I need to start thinking of ways that I can re-gain control of the situation and control of Tessa. My mind wanders to my fingers touching Tessa's soft skin and playing with her golden locks. She's so beautiful even thinking about her makes me crave her even more.

"Ah fuck." I rub the temples of my forehead. I can feel a headache coming on, hopefully the coffee with alleviate it. 

All of a sudden, I hear a small bell ping and one of the back doors opens and out pops a small red hair waitress with a perky smile. She places a plate of food on the other couple's tables and strides over to me.

"Hi, my name is May and I'll be helping you out today. Can I start you off with anything to drink?" She says with the smile never leaving her face. 

She looks so innocent. The innocent are always the easiest ones to prey on. She looks so familiar. I can't put my finger on it. I definitely recognize her face but I can't put the pieces together. Maybe I went to high school with her? My thoughts are interrupted by her light, even tone of voice. 

"Well, I'm at a coffee shop aren't I? That's probably why I'm here. To drink something" I say back without making eye contact. I understand I'm being unnecessarily rude to this girl but I could care less right now. 

"Well, if you would looked behind you. You would have found a large glass shelf full of croissants, cakes, cookies, pastries, and a wide selection of puffs."

"Shall I go on?" She grins a wide smiles towards me.

"Please spare me the details. Nothing of the sweets on the menu looks even remotely appetizing to me. Just bring me a black coffee. And make it quick." I bark.

"You got it." She scribbles it in her notebook and looks back at me.

"Oh, but you know the best sweet thing here isn't even on the menu." She says with a sly smile and walks away.