Chapter 2. Think before you act

Start from the beginning

"Um.. excuse me. The one in the red shirt. Could you please move aside a little? I can't see the board," I said.

Surbhi looked at me incredulously. They were the ones disturbing my lecture.

"If you want to fight, then fight. I got no problem but don't block the board. I am taking notes here. Some students do come here to study you know."

"What did you say?" the red-shirt guy asked and banged his fist on my desk. His muscles rippled and the movement traveled through the desk.

I gulped. He looked like a bouncer. He was so big that he was completely towering over me. I avoided looking at him as he glowered at me with his black eyes. I mentally face-palmed myself. Me and my stupid mouth. Now all the attention was on me.

"Nothing. She said nothing." Surbhi came to my rescue while I was trying hard not to succumb under his glare. I only said the truth.

"It's okay, bro. Chill. You are scaring her."
I turned and saw my knight in shining armor, Parth. The guy backed off but cracked his knuckles and glared at me. He was a bodybuilder and if he hadn't scared me shitless, I would have praised him for his build.

"Thanks, Parth," I said.

"No problem," he replied and went to talk with the guys who were causing ruckus in our classroom.

I guessed he knew them because soon, they started leaving and that bouncer guy bro hugged him and left.

Parth went back to his seat and Surbhi started reprimanding me to watch my mouth. She told me that if that guy had punched me, I would have died on the spot. And how was she supposed to explain the whole situation to my parents?

Seriously? Surbhi and her overthinking. I was not that weak. I could clearly give and take a few hits. I guess.

×~×

"Who were those guys?" I asked Parth as we moved to the cafeteria.

"No one you should bother with," he replied.

"How do you know them?"

"I am friends with some of them."

"They don't seem like good company to me."

"Don't judge a book by its cover," he said and left to join his other friends.

"Come on, Sandhya. I am hungry," Surbhi said.

"You are always hungry."

After filling our stomachs, Surbhi went to her lecture while I made my way towards the library. My paradise.

Only after I stepped inside the library, did I feel at peace. I looked around me and skimmed my eyes over the books in my sight. Fortunately, the place was nothing like the one my school had.

It was huge and could clearly fit more than a hundred people at a time. The walls were painted light blue and had long glass windows allowing a great view of the garden. Study tables were placed inbetween book shelves while there were some private cabins too where one can be alone without any disturbance.

 Study tables were placed inbetween book shelves while there were some private cabins too where one can be alone without any disturbance