eight

"hyung?" jungkook groggily rasped out, pushing himself up with his elbows as he tried to blink the sleep out of his eyes

"hyung?" jungkook groggily rasped out, pushing himself up with his elbows as he tried to blink the sleep out of his eyes. as soon as his vision completely cleared up, he frowned when he quickly spotted taehyung slipping his sneakers on by the door with his dorm keys dangling from his pinky finger. "hyung, what are you doing? neither of us have classes today."

taehyung's eyes widened, immediately whipping his head around to be greeted by the (surprisingly cute) sight of a sleepy jungkook tangled in the pool of bed covers, messy bed hair strewn atop his head and eyebrows knitted together in a curious manner. "oh, um, good morning. i didn't expect you to wake up this early," he spoke with a small smile after he finished tying his shoelaces.

"i woke up 'cause the bed suddenly got cold. i don't like it," jungkook mumbled. "hyung was keeping me warm."

"o-oh, oh," taehyung uttered, cheeks flaring up and stomach doing somersaults at the other's blunt confession. he suddenly felt like he was in high-school again, back when he received chocolates from his crush for valentine's day. then, he remembered the rather sinful events of last night and heated up even more. "sorry, i-i just need to head outside for a bit. i think i should be back in a few hours," he managed to say in spite of the racing heartbeat ringing in his ears.

"what?" jungkook instantly perked up in alert. "where are you going?"

"to visit a friend. he lives 20 minutes away from campus," taehyung replied. "don't worry, i'll be back in—"

"take me with you," jungkook interrupted, strong excitement prominently laced in his words.

"uh, no. jungkook, that's not a very good idea," the silver-haired male retorted with a shake of his head.

"why not? i want to go with you," jungkook whined, balling his hands into fists and briefly hitting the mattress multiple times like a child would during their little tantrums.

"well, firstly, you don't even know who my friend is," taehyung began to explain. "secondly, you didn't even know what a spider was until recently, so do you really think i'll take you out of campus with me?" he added, narrowing his eyes straight at the demon who slowly shrunk back underneath his steeled gaze because in a way, the elder was correct.

he wasn't accustomed with the human lifestyle yet and he might risk burning down more trees by accident if he were to go outside, thus exposing who he truly was to strangers who might turn him in to the government or worse.

"i don't care," jungkook grumbled anyway. "i want to go."

"no. he might freak out if he catches on to your weird demon-like antics and i'm not sure if i want him to know that you're a literal hellspawn," said taehyung.

"hyung, please? i don't want to be left here all alone. i'll behave, i promise!" jungkook attempted to persuade taehyung further by prettily batting his eyelashes and firing a dazzling grin at him, but to no avail as the older man simply shook his head again.