six

taehyung let out a loud yawn, stumbling out of the elevator, down the hallway, and towards his shared dorm room

taehyung let out a loud yawn, stumbling out of the elevator, down the hallway, and towards his shared dorm room. he had completely lost track of time when he ended up staying at the library after his evening lecture for way longer than he initially intended. it was only the third day of the semester but his professor was oh-so-generous enough to announce a 3000-word essay assignment on marketing management that was due the very next day.

by the time he realized it was already nearing 11 at night, he hurriedly rushed out of the library with his laptop tucked under his arm and headed over to the 24-hour campus convenience store to scarf down a nice cup of instant noodles.

he stopped in front of his dorm room and lazily twisted the doorknob, pushing the door open with its rusty hinge emitting an screechy creaking noise. he stepped inside the room and tiredly kicked off his sneakers, setting his laptop down on top of one of the drawers near the entrance.

however, as soon as he properly swept a glance around the whole room, he was surprised to be greeted by the sight of a certain black-haired demon who was currently cocooned up in his blankets on his bed with his knees folded up to his chest.

jungkook perked up at the sudden sounds of shuffling and instantly smiled when he saw taehyung standing there, staring right back at him with a slightly bewildered expression.

"i was waiting for you to come back," jungkook spoke up, bunching the blanket closer to his body and letting his sweatpants-clad legs straighten out in front of him.

taehyung's eyes widened as he tried to ignore how his heart just did a weird flip in his chest at the younger's confession. "uh, have you eaten dinner yet?" he chose to ask instead, slowly striding over to where jungkook was still snuggling into his blanket.

"demons don't really need to eat," jungkook responded, giggling at taehyung's shocked reaction. "i mean, we don't get hungry if we don't eat for a long period of time. we just eat whenever we feel like it," he elaborated.

"i... see," taehyung murmured. "anyway, wh-what are you doing on my bed?"

jungkook timidly averted his gaze at that and buried the lower half of his face into the elder's covers, unaware of how badly taehyung wanted to go cuddle the life out of him at the moment. "i-i was cold. i don't have my own blanket anymore, um, since i set it on fire. s-so i thought it would be okay if we shared a bed for tonight?" he awkwardly answered, fiddling with his fingers on his lap.

taehyung froze and scowled. "wait, excuse me? jungkook, no. you're not sleeping in the same bed at me; not this night, not ever. i'm sorry, but that shit's just... too gay, alright?" he spat without registering the utter harshness laced in his tone.

"what? but it's so cold!" jungkook pouted. "i'm going to freeze to death tonight if i sleep on my own bed, hyung!"

the silver-haired male simply shrugged in indifference. "that sounds like a personal problem."