Chapter 1. Wallet boy

Start from the beginning

(Images used for representational purpose only

(Images used for representational purpose only.)

The room was made in a theatre design with wooden benches placed in a tiered setting i.e. it had a pitched floor enabling those sitting in the back to be on a higher ground level than those in the front. There was enough space for the instructor to roam around and address every student.

I still can't believe I am here.

"We arrived too early," Surbhi said, bringing me out of my thoughts. She took out her phone and sat on a bench. I followed the suit and sat beside her.

"Yup," I agreed as I observed that the classroom was empty excluding us.

"So you decided which clubs you would join?" she asked.

"I don't know yet but this time, I am going to participate in every extra curricular activity unlike school."

"You better do that. I don't want to see you buried under books all the time. Let's have a blast."

I nodded and fist bumped her. The bell rang soon and the first lecture started. Some students were late but since it was our first day, the teacher ignored that.

Our lecturer introduced himself as Mr. Advait Mehta and he was going to teach us Math. His voice was low and not at all intimidating like I had imagined it to be. He seemed to be in his late twenties and for a professor, he seemed to be fit and in shape.

Unlike school, I was really enjoying his lecture and his way of teaching really impressed me. So, I paid full attention to his each and every word and wrote down everything in my notebook.

"Nerd," Surbhi commented and I slapped her arm. I motioned towards her notebook which was lying idle.

"I will just copy your notes." She shrugged and went back to scrolling through her Instagram.

I rolled my eyes and continued taking notes. I wouldn't slack off like her.

It was rare to find such good teachers nowadays; I will not give up the opportunity.