*the journey begins*

Five months had passed since Leafy's ex friends chased her out. Five months since she was left to rot here, alone, with nothing to eat but yoyleberries. She knows she's the one who stole the stupid island, she knows she overreacted. But to try and kill her? It just wasn't fair.

Life had grown boring after so long of being here, yoyleberries tasteless in her mouth after eating so much of them. Her metal limbs slightly weighed down, but she had grown used to it.

She looks up at the stars for what feels like the hundredth time, bored out of her mind. Sometimes she wonders what is beond the mountains, what there is to see beond Goiky.

She shook her head, it was taboo to leave your birthplace. Travelers were so rare that only a few objects have even seen them, they like to keep to themselves. She could become a traveler, she could leave this terrible place with terrible memories.

She gripped the knife in her hand a little tighter. The reflective blade showing her silver face. How she hates that color, just the sight of it makes her sick.

She lays on her back, staring at the sky, her mind a haze. Tomorrow, she decides, tomorrow I will leave this wretched place and find somewhere new, somewhere exciting and welcoming, somewhere I can belong.

She closes her eyes as she drifts of into a dreamless sleep, the breeze rustling the leaves of the yoyle bushes the only thing to be heard.

***

Leafy awoke, the sun just peaking over the mountains ahead. Yawning, she sat up. She always loved the morning, it was peaceful and promised a new, exciting day.

And today will be especially exciting, leafy thought as she stood up off of the ground. Today she will finally be free from these purple bushes, and the taste of metal.

Even though she would miss her old friends, they not would miss her. She wonders if they would ever forgive her for what she did. No, no thinking of that, this is about starting over, about making a new name for yourself! She thought as she looked at the yellow sky, smiling.

She started walking, going torwards the abandoned Yoyle City. She had heard about it, but never cared to investigate until now. She wonders if she would have ever came here if she was not chased out. She shook those thoughts out of her head almost immediately.

As she walked her mind drifted, thinking about Firey and the ferris wheel, about how she ruined everything. She thought abou Pin and her bossy yet caring nature. She wondered how she was doing, she was probably fine.

Leafy wished she could apologize to bubble for how she treated her, she knows it wasn't right, and she really wants to make it up to her, but it's too late for that. They all hate her and she can't take it back. She's alone, she will always be alone. She was naive to think anyone would care about her. Being nice gets you nowhere, she learned that the hard way.

She traveled for a few hours, the city in the distance. She jumped in excitement, she had finally made it. And it was huge! The large buildings and tall towers looked like they were touching the sky!

She ran the rest of the way, panting as she reached the first buildings. It was bigger up close. The buildings were a variety of colors, mostly purple, blue, green, and yellow. The bushes lining the streets were purple, as well as the grass. The roads were a dark grey, as most roads are.

Leafy couldn't even imagine how many objects must have lived here before it was abandoned, and she also wondered why it was abandoned. It was in almost perfect condition, as if someone was coming and taking care of it.