Episode 19 - Mistook

Start from the beginning

Both L.Joe and Changjo just watched and looked bewildered at his talkativeness. L.Joe decided to interrupt when Mayumi touched his hand to prevent while focusing on Keita. L.Joe's heart thumped faster at their sudden skinship which made Changjo slightly jealous.

After a while, Keita had stopped talking and went to focus on his dessert.

"Wow...you sure talk a lot for a kid," L.Joe snickered.

"Are you jealous of my forte?" Keita eyed him.

L.Joe just gave a slight chuckle and leaned forward to him and said,"No."

"So Keita, how many games left?" Changjo asked.

"Hmm...about 2 more games. But the last game is only for adults. It involves coupling," Keita told them.

Both Changjo and L.Joe glanced over to Mayumi and smiled to themselves. After lunch, they went back to the field. Mayumi excused herself to the washroom which was located at the narrow end of the building. As she was walking, she felt someone was following her. She remembered the incident occured with L.Joe.

"I know it's you. Can you stop -," She turned around and an unfamiliar man smiling mischeviously at her.

Mayumi started to panic and backed away till she was against the wall. The unfamiliar man walked towards her slowly with an evil grin and she swallowed hard.

Mayumi looked left and right and decided to run off. The man ran after her and she spotted an empty room at the corner. She quickly went in and closed the door.

Mayumi leaned against the door with panting. She stood quietly and felt a little relieved when there was no sound outside. She dropped to the ground and tried to breathe evenly.

Just then, someone tried to open the door knob.

"I know you're in there...You can run, but you can't hide..," He snickered and gave a loud laugh while hammering the door knob.

Inside, Mayumi was looking around for a hiding place, feeling panic. She saw a piano covered with a cloth and quickly ran for it. Then, she heard the door burst open. Her heart started to race and thought of what to do.

Just then, something vibrated in her pocket and she got a call from Keita. She carefully picked it up and answered.

"Nonna, where are you? The next game about to start," Keita asked through the call.

"...K..Keita..I.. -," She was about to finish her sentence when the man's voice echoed,"Pretty lady come out, come out, wherever you are~"

"Nonna...whose that..?" Keita asked.

The footsteps were getting closer and she went to close her mouth and nose witg her other hand.

On the other hand, on the field, Keita looked worried which made both L.Joe and Changjo curious.

"I think there is something wrong. I heard a man's voice echoed through a room while I'm talking to nonna," Keita told them.

"You mean someone else is with her?" Changjo asked.

Keita nodded and said,"...Wait. I think nonna in danger! Cause she seemed to be hiding from him!"

L.Joe grabbed the phone and it was still connected to Mayumi. He used an application to locate Mayumi's current place and looked towards them," You both continue with the game. I'll go and save her."

"After this, we'll call the police," Changjo said to L.Joe.

L.Joe nodded and rushed to her.

Meanwhile, Mayumi's hideout was found out. The unfamiliar man was snickering and was about to pull her out when she kicked his legs. He fell to the floor and groaned in pain. She rushed out from her hiding place and was about to run out when he caught one of her legs.

"Let me go!!!" She shouted.

"My pretty daughter, don't you remember your dad?" The unfamiliar man asked.

"...What are you talking about?! You're not my dad!" She angered.

The unfamiliar man let her fall to the floor and he got up, walking towards her. Mayumi started to panic again and backed away. He took out something from his pocket. A penknife was in his hand and he approached her while saying,"Why don't you acknowledge me as your dad? I've sacrifice a lot for you and here you are, not acknowledging ME?!?!"

He suddenly begin to get berserk and shouted," YOU SAID IF I KILL HIM, YOU WILL COME BACK HOME!! AND I DID.. AND NOW THE POLICE ARE SEARCHING FOR ME! AREN'T YOU GOING TO HELP ME?!"

"Ahjusshi..I'm not your daughter..," Mayumi tried to clarify with him but he still insisted that she's his daughter due to some similarities.

"IF I'M GOING TO BE HANGED, I MIGHT AS WELL KILL YOU FIRST! SO WE CAN BE TOGETHER AS A FAMILY UP THERE!!" The man pointed the penknife towards her and she closed her face with her arms.