Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

“Wait- you got his number? How did you get so lucky! No offense, but normally you can barely talk to an attractive guy, much less flirt!” Elle laughs as we do our hair and makeup, prepping for the concert in her humongous room.The curls in her perfect ponytail bounce lightly around her shoulder as she shimmies into her Hollister dark-wash jeggings.We made our own concert tees last week with glow-in-the-dark paint and a few iron-on pictures; surprisingly, they turned out really cute, lightly hugging our figures.My red converse peek out from under her bed, and I slip them on for the finishing touch, complementing the tiny red bow that I’d clipped into my straightened hair.

“It is pretty surprising. Should I text him before the concert?”

“Yes! Make sure he knows you found his adorable note. Aren’t you glad I shoved you into him?” Elle asks me, winking. I roll my eyes, fighting the grin tugging at the corners of my lips.

“I can’t believe you left me!” I exclaim, letting out a giggle. “But yes, thank you for shoving me into Niall Horan. Anyways-”

“You’re welcome,” Elle mutters, smiling.

“What should I text him?”

“Just say hi, and that you’re looking forward to the performance or something. I’ve never texted anyone famous, but I’m guessing that’s a pretty normal start.”

To: Niall Horan

Hey, its jamie. just letting u know i got ur note... im really excited for tonite:))

“Sent. I would roll around your bed in a spaz attack, but I don’t want to get all messy,” I say, almost laughing with excitement. Elle looks at the clock and screams.

“It’s time! Let’s go!” We jump off the bed and race downstairs, yelling to Mrs. Williams that we should be leaving now.

I’ve known Elle for about six years now, and we’ve been best friends ever since she transferred to my elementary school in third grade. Meaning, I’ve been around long enough to treat Mrs. Williams as my second mom.

We dash into Elle’s mom’s office, and I almost trip on the rug in the doorway. I end up sort of fall-sitting onto the hardwood floor.Elle and I start giggling as I hold onto my best friend, bringing her down with me. The two of us look up from our unexplainable frantics to see Mrs. Williams paused at her computer, her fingers set on the keyboard. She raises an eyebrow, looking down at us with a bemused expression.

“Pre-concert giddiness? I get it. I was the same way when I went to my first concert. Those were the days; I went to see-”

“No! Mom, just, no. I love you, but we really don’t need to hear your weird story about how when you were 18 you ran into Sting at his concert venue, and then ended up making out with him in a storage closet for the lighting.” Elle says, exasperated. I, for one, burst out laughing, falling back to the floor on my back.

“Well then, if you really don’t want to hear it...” Mrs. William says, wheeling around in her desk chair.

“NO!” Elle and I shout in unison, giggling again. We get up off the floor shakily, still laughing.

“You girls look a bit drunk there, anything you want to tell me?” Mrs. Williams says, grabbing her keys and purse.

“Actually, we’re surprisingly sober for once. We’re waiting to get drunk at our crazy after parties,” Elle states sarcastically as she staggers around the room laughing.

“I better get you to the concert before you start getting to those after parties, huh? Get your things and I’ll meet you in the car.” Mrs. Williams smiles and walks over to the garage as Elle and I pick up our purses.