March : Part II / April : Part I

"Lexa?" Clarke's voice sounded from just outside of her bathroom. "Where is your-- Holy shit.. ."

There were some things that one was expected to grow accustomed to in a long term relationship. While most relationships had an initial spark, a lusty and affectionate sort of madness inflicted upon both parties, that was expected to come to an end, in due time. Clarke knew she still got flutters in her stomach every time she saw her girlfriend, and she still had a schoolgirl crush, just as Lexa had with her.

But nothing was more intense than Clarke's reaction to watching Lexa work out. Specifically, doing pull-ups on the bar in her doorway, in nothing more than a sports bra and spandex, hair pulled back in a loose ponytail.

Truly, Clarke was the luckiest woman in the world. She was sure of it. Because before her, in all her sweaty, muscled glory, was a goddess. Smirking at her.

"Clarke," Lexa greeted with ease, hoisting herself up as if it were nothing at all, even gracing her with a little smile.

Clarke's heart nearly exploded. Why did it suddenly feel like the same excitement of when they weren't quite dating, longing for each other so desperately, always just out of reach. Clarke loved to admire her then, and Clarke certainly loved to admire her now.

"What are you doing?" Clarke asked, mind numb as she stepped forward to get a better look.

"Last minute training for Friday's championship," Lexa informed her with a cocked brow. "What about you?"

"...Drooling." Clarke snorted, leaning forward to wrap her arms around Lexa's torso, likely weighing her down, but Lexa didn't seem to mind. She eyed Lexa's tense abdomen, placing an open kiss against her skin. "You are literally the perfect human." Clarke groaned. "How is this even possible? How am I dating you?"

Lexa chuckled, legs wrapping around Clarke, not unlike the first time Clarke had ever seen Lexa do pull-ups. "Look who's talking, sunshine," she murmured, moving to lift Clarke.

"You'll throw out your back, Lex." Clarke tsked, wriggling free of her grasp. "You can put those thighs around me some other time."

Lexa smirked at Clarke's brazen little innuendo, releasing her grip as she gracefully came down, flexing her arms in a stretch.

"Hi," she murmured, pulling Clarke flush against her body.

"Hi," Clarke echoed, leaning in for a kiss.

Clarke wanted to laugh at the juxtaposition: Lexa, doing pull-ups moments ago with such extreme intensity, then giving her the softest of kisses, brushing her nose against Clarke's lovingly. She contradicted herself in the sweetest of ways.

"What's the plan for today?" Lexa asked gently, their foreheads leaning against each other.

"...Therapy at noon," Clarke almost growled. Lexa pinched her butt, and when Clarke let out a yelp, Lexa stole a kiss.

"I hate you," Clarke grumbled, deepening the kiss.

"It'll be over before you know it," Lexa soothed. "It's an hour to talk about your feelings... your family... your crushes... anything you want." Lexa winked.

"Crushes?" Clarke drawled. "Oh, yeah, I'll tell her all about Lincoln, and Anya, and--"

"Stop, or I'll need therapy too," Lexa grumbled, hands possessively snaking around Clarke's hips.

"You have practice, right?" Clarke queried gently.

"...At noon," Lexa conceded with a nod.

Clarke glanced back at the clock by Lexa's bed. "It's ten-thirty." She smirked mischievously. "Carry me to bed, and take everything off. I'm going to ravish you," she demanded in a faux lofty voice, and Lexa's eyes widened in surprise as she wasted no time in lifting Clarke up, the two giggling against each other in a messy heap.