February : Part IV

Two days had passed, and yet, no word from Dax. No word from his family, no word from his lawyers, nothing.

But of course, that seemed to fade in the background once the school caught wind of Clarke's apparent beatdown of him.

Like vultures, they preyed upon and picked at the issue until it was long dead carrion.

The whispers followed Clarke, Lexa, and Aden, everywhere they went.

Lexa and Clarke were walking to Abby's office for Lexa's post practice treatment, making sure she wouldn't tense up and strain anything before the big playoff game, just days away.

"Mom?" Clarke called, Lexa tagging along behind her, still fully in uniform, hair pulled up in a messy bun.

"Huh. I guess she's out on the soccer field or something." Clarke shrugged, frowning as she laced her hand with Lexa's, pulling her into the office.

"We can wait." Lexa shrugged.

"No, I don't think she'd want you tensing up without your cooldown stretches. Plus, she wants to ice your knee." Clarke tsked, pushing Lexa onto the examination bench, coming around to gently rub her shoulders, rolling her eyes when she realized just how much padding was in the way.

Lexa cocked a brow when Clarke's deft fingers freed her scrimmage jersey from where it was properly tucked in at her waistband, snaking her fingers under it.

"Clarke." Lexa drew in a breath.

"Why do you wear so much padding?" Clarke groaned.

Lexa smirked. "I'm impenetrable."

"You're telling me." Clarke groaned, shaking her head. "Whatever. Just do your damn stretches so I can get the ice. I hate being in here. I feel like my mom is watching us."

Lexa chuckled, shaking her head. She began following Abby's prescribed routine as she watched Clarke with no small amount of adoration.

Clarke, on the other hand, was trying rather desperately not to stare at the perfection that was her girlfriend. She fumbled around the freezer for Lexa's ice-pack. She smirked fondly when she remembered Lexa buying one and branding it with her name and a sharpie, muttering, " If it's going to touch sweaty skin, it should only be mine."

She was dating an absolute spoiled gay princess.

"I have your custom ice pack." Clarke waved it teasingly, standing by the door. "Can we apply it outside?"

"Fine." Lexa agreed, a smile twitching on her plump lips.

"Sit." Clarke commanded, motioning to the nearby bench.

Lexa, ever obedient to Clarke, sat on the bench with a huff, watching Clarke kneel before her. "Here?" She cocked a brow and smirked.

"Ha ha, hilarious." Clarke rolled her eyes, but smiled as she rolled Lexa's tights up, revealing her knee. She leaned down and kissed it softly, murmuring, "It's gonna be cold." She then took the ice pack and pressed it above the sore cap, resting her head on Lexa's thigh.

"Thank you, Clarke." Lexa murmured, stroking her hair. "You can come and sit up here." She shifted so that Clarke could sit beside her, resting her leg on Clarke's lap as Clarke continued to apply the pressure.

"You nervous for the game?" Clarke asked curiously, eyes meeting Lexa's gaze.

"Me?" Lexa scoffed. "Does the Commander get nervous?"

"That shit doesn't work on me anymore." Clarke smirked.

"Shit? What shit?" Lexa acted incredulous.