November

Lexa was wracked with guilt. Every run in with Clarke Griffin left more of an insatiable hunger in the pit of her stomach that she knew all too well. She was, as torturous as it was to admit, developing feelings for Clarke Griffin.

The same girl who'd challenged her on the first day of Niylah's English class, and every second in between.

It was getting to an unbearable point.

She was constantly glancing at Clarke, sharing soft smiles with the girl. She was in awe of how gentle she was with the children during their community service outings. She adored how much Aden seemed to love her.

She'd occasionally slip into the art room under the guise of visiting Costia, just to watch her at work.

Clarke Griffin was becoming a little like oxygen to Lexa, and she was realizing she couldn't breathe comfortably without the other girl.

And then of course, were the less than appropriate thoughts.

Lexa Woods prided herself on being an absolute gentlewoman, especially when it came to sexual matters.

Clarke Griffin found a way to ruin that as well.

Lexa had found herself dreaming about the blonde, with her curious blue eyes and the adorable beauty mark above her full, pale lips. She'd dreamt about her laugh, her smile, her husky tone.

She'd dreamt about kissing Clarke until she was breathless, pinning her against the wall of her bedroom, where they'd almost shared a kiss.

She'd dreamt about Clarke's husky voice and her soft whimpers as Lexa showed her what it meant to be dating her.

It had gotten so bad, on one particular evening, where Costia's lips were trailing to the meeting of her thighs, s he'd whimpered Clarke's name, by accident. It was an honest mistake, a Freudian slip. Costia hadn't heard, but Lexa was horrified.

Clarke's touch, back at the haunted house event, had sent waves of what could only be described as electricity, charged with sexual tension, pulsing through Lexa.

She knew what it meant.

She'd fallen out of love with Costia Greene, whom she still respected, admired, and loved even platonically.

She had to end things before she did something to endanger that relationship. And so, it was with a heavy heart that she and Costia planned to meet at the top of the bleachers, after school.

Neutral ground.

It was a symbolism of what was to come.

Long since Lexa was born, her parents had been vacant during the most intense years of her adolescence. They'd missed a great portion of her middle and high school years, where she'd already developed, but needed the nurturing and love they were to offer.

They'd left her to fend for herself, in the care of Indra and Gustus, they themselves gallivanting across the world in their business endeavors. Lexa had vowed to ensure that she was always there for Aden, but their absence left her with a sense of abandonment.

Suffice it to say, goodbyes never came easily to Alexandria Woods.

She tugged her jacket a little tighter as she ascended up the final steps, sliding into her seat beside Costia, her brown curls bouncing as she turned to greet her girlfriend.

"Hi." Lexa sighed as Costia smiled softly at her, leaning forward to place a chaste kiss on her lips.

"Hey." Costia murmured, laying her head on Lexa's shoulder as Lexa's arms limply went around her.