-The Girl Who Crossed Realms-

Many years ago there once was a king and queen. The queen had three sisters known as Princess Alice, Lady Alissa, and Lady Sandra. Alice and Sandra chose to follow the light while Alissa decided to team up with the darkest souls in the world. The queen refused to battled her younger sister, in hopes that Alissa could chose the light. But that was not so. She summoned the dark creatures to destroy the castle where a young eleven year old lies in bed, dreaming.

"Sara, we have to get you out of here!"

The queen struggled to get her daughter to come with her, as she was extremely confused. But eventually she grabbed her daughter and ran down the stairs as curtains caught fire all around her.

As they crossed across the ballroom, she watched her husband and sisters fall to the ground, blood spilling out of their wounds. The queen and her young daughter ran out onto the balcony. The young girl placed her hand out in front of her, fire sprouting out of them.

"Not now, Sara! We must get you through the portal, into a different realm."

The queen traced an oval shape and a purple color filled the inside of it. The queen insisted Sara to go through, though she refused.

"Please, Sara. You must cross over. You must go through the portal!"

The Princess stared at the monster with scaley green skin standing behind her mother, ready to pounce. Tears formed in her eyes, and rolled down her cheeks. She jumped through the portal, falling down into a pile of leaves.

A man with light grey hair and a thick black coat walked down the road that chilly morning. He had his head buried in a book. Then he closed the book as he crossed the street to a place he goes every Wednesday.

The man went into a cafe with a neon 'Now Hiring' sign hanging above the door. "Sorry, but we don't hire old folks." A girl who looked around twelve sat upon the counter top. "How old are you? Nine?" The man took his coat off, and walked towards the counter. "Twelve. Turning thirteen tomorrow, actually." She said sassily, flipping her dark brown waves with the back of her hand.

"Well you don't look like it. How are you even working here at twelve?" "Family cafe." She answered. "And I didn't come here for a job, I came here for a nice glass of hot tea. It's quite cool today. You should get out of this cafe more... Katie." "How did you- oh the name tag." Katie traced her fingers over the silver plate of her name tag saying 'Katie Love' on it. "The tea?" "Right! I'll be right back with some fresh, hot, green tea." She jumped off of the counter, grabbed a cup and tea packet and started to brew the hot tea.

The elderly man sat down and opened his book to read the next chapter. The pages were blank! He kept flipping the pages but nothing was there. He went to the last page he read, it had a picture of a red haired girl lying in a pile of leaves. He studied the picture closer, and noticed the sign behind her. It was the sign in front of his mansion.

He got up and raced out of the cafe. "Wait! You haven't drank your tea yet!" Katie runs out of the cafe, behind the man but feels a pain in her hand. The scar that she got when she was very young was glowing gold. Her back hit the brick wall of the front of... Sandra's School Supplies? Last time she passed by the sign it had said Sally's School Supplies.

The man dashed to his estate, and what he saw astonished him.

The red haired girl was laying down with leaves covering half of her small body. He bent down next to her and placed his hand on her arm. Her bright green eyes opened almost immediately. "Who are you?" She asked the old man. "Uh... I'm Cody." "Where am I?" She asked him another question. "We're in front of my house." Cody said, pointing at the gates to his estate. "Your name is Sara, right?" Cody questioned the young girl, remembering what his book said.

"Sara? Am I Sara?"