Tension

A/N: Random One shot that has nothing to do with the timeline of my other stories. Rated R as always.

Side note: I have 2 chapters written for my apocalypse fic with Alicia Clark and Elyza Lex. They haven't met yet so I don't want to publish it until i figure out how to get them connected. Im having some writers block, but I'm good at smut so..YiKeS.

Clarke sat around a fire with Raven, Octavia, Lincoln and Bellamy. All of them partaking in a soft hum of conversation except Clarke, she was spaced out.

She was thinking about the Commander, how she was going to ever make sure their alliance truly held. The commander was ruthless, she did whatever she had to do for her people. Clarke wasn't sure if her people counted as Lexa's people when it came to her priorities.

Over the past weeks Clarke and some of her people had moved into TonDc to learn about and integrate themselves into the grounder culture.

Octavia and Lincoln were always training, working to turn Octavia into the grounder warrior she longed to be. Raven was working with head war planners and ambassadors of Trikru to help incorporate technology into their tactics. Clarke had decided it was worth the risk to share their technology with the grounders, they needed something to offer to the alliance.

Bellamy was kind of following Kane around, who was somewhere with the grounders this very moment. Bellamy wasn't very excited about living amongst the grounders unarmed, he didn't trust them. That's why Clarke thought it better he tagged along with Kane so he wouldn't cause any trouble.

Clarke had been working very closely with the Commander, learning the ways of her people and how to lead. Clarke had pretty much become a second to the Commander, learning her ways.

There was this constant tension between the two of them, a tension that Clarke couldn't figure out.

Whenever Clarke would lean forward against the war planning table, she would feel Lexa's gaze behind her. They way Lexa looked at her when she thought Clarke couldn't see, or the way her eyes shamelessly fell to Clarke's lips.

Clarke knew how she felt of course, she was attracted to Lexa. However she knew a relationship between them would be inappropriate considering she was Lexa's second of sorts.

Clarke was pulled out of her thoughts by an arm wrapping around her shoulder. Bellamy leaned into her slightly, a large smirk on his face.

Clarke leaned into him, finding comfort in his friendly touch. They were friends and nothing more, both of them knew that. They had been through so much together that a brotherly hug was the type of comfort Clarke needed.

She heard the clattering of armor in the distance followed by curt trig being exchanged between guards. Clarke lifted her gaze from the fire to see Lexa's guards stationed at her tent exchanging words with her. They moved aside and Lexa exited her tent, immediately finding Clarke by the fire, Bellamy's arm wrapped around her shoulders.

Clarke swore she saw something flash across Lexa's eyes as she gripped the hilt of her sword and made her way down the hill towards them.

Clarke quickly ducked under Bellamy's arm as Lexa approached. Bellamy looked at her confused before turning his attention back to the fire.

"Clarke, I wish to speak with you." Lexa gave Clarke a half hooded gaze her normal stoic expression on her face.

"Yeah of course." Clarke stood quickly, nervous for some reason. Her heart was so loud in her chest she was worried Lexa could hear it.

Lexa turned away without another word, clasping her hands behind her and walking back up the hill towards her tent. Clarke followed quickly a few seconds behind.