fourty one ▪ "Yep, that's a blush"

"No I swear he said that" Sonny and I walk into the house laughing loudly. I just told him about the time Brook spray painted his wall black whone the two of us kick our shoes off.

Starting to climb up the stairs, our chuckles slowly die down.

"Let's ask the boys when they thought about leaving" I smile up to my right, Sonny nodding his head along as we make our way to the end of the hall and to Rye's room, Sonny dropping his bag off in front of his door.

I knock on the door before opening it and leaning against the door frame, looking at Ryan sprawled out in his bed, shirtless and on his phone as he turns to look at us, a giggle leaving my lips.

I feel Sonny lean against the door frame behind me, making us stand really close to each other, having me clear my throat as I feel his breath hitting my neck, the hairs standing up in an instant before he moves to shuffle away from me, apparently noticing how I tensed up moments prior.

"How was the gym?" Ryan puts his phone away, a smile present on his face.

"Exhausting, I didn't know Sonny was that serious about it" rolling my eyes, I smirk over my shoulder, now actually realising how close he is, a bright smile on his lips as he pushes himself off the door frame and steps into the room, his arms crossed over his chest.

"You wanted a gym buddy, didn't you?" Raising an eyebrow, I roll my eyes at Sonny's answer, dropping my bag by the door before I walk past him and drop down on the bed next to Ryan.

"Yeah, well I'm gonna regret that tomorrow" tilting my head I think about the aching muscles I'll most certainly have the next day.

"Yeah same" Sonny laughs quietly, a small silence following.

"Oh, Ryan what time where you thinking about leaving for the studio? I was thinking about tagging along"
Pulling my legs up, I cross them, waiting for Ryan to answer as Sonny just stands in the middle of the room a bit awkward.

"Soon, but you're going to distract me" sending a cheeky smile my way, my boyfriend  quirks an eyebrow.

"Stop it" shoving his face away with my hand, the three of us laugh slightly.

"I'll get ready then" offering a chuckle, Sonny claps his hands together, shuffling to the door.

"See you in a bit" Ryan says, nodding his head along.

As soon as Sonny left the room, Ryan turns to me, tackling me in a hug both of us sprawled out on the bed now, his head resting on my stomach as I giggle at his behaviour.

My fingers tangle up in his curls as I brush my hands through it, playing around with it.

"What do you think about Sonny?"
His hand brushes up and down my ankle, a small sigh leaving my lips.

Why does everybody ask me this question?

"He's great. I think he'll fit great with you guys and we sang in the car earlier and his voice will fit too. And in regards of living with him, he seems like a nice lad, doesn't he?"

I'm proud of my answer, no stuttering and all of the words making sense.

"Yeah, I think so too" Ryan answers pressing a small kiss to my stomach, my fingers wandering to the back of his head, playing with the hairs there, another giggle sounding from me.

Silence follows, both of us quietly enjoying the time with each other, his thumb brushing over my ankle my eyes closing for a few moments before he groans slightly, stretching his arms in the air.

"What?" Laughing at him, I sit up slightly, supporting my weight with my hands placed behind my back as Ryan's head falls into my lap.

"I need to get ready" watching his face, I see a pout forming on his lips, one of my hands brushing through his hair again, making him shut his eyes briefly.

"Yeah, I suppose you can't leave shirtless, otherwise you'll be distracting me" quirking an eyebrow, I offer him a look as he opens his eyes again, his eyebrow raised as well.

"Is that your idea of flirting with me?" Keeping a serious face, I roll my eyes though my cheeks heat up slightly even though I'm fully aware he's playing with me.

"Shut up" is all I can muster up to leave my lips.

"And now you're blushing" pushing himself up into a sitting position, a smirk plays on his face, knowing the effect he has on me.

"No, I'm not" I roll my eyes again, silently scolding myself for being so easily flustered.

"Im pretty sure you are but let me take a look" grabbing my face in one of his hands, he turns it around for him to look at it, my eyes trained on his as I see him intensively searching my face.
"Yep, that's a blush" squeezing my cheeks before he lets go off me and slumps back, leaning on his arm to the side, he nods his head at me.

"You know, sometimes I really hate you" giggles sound from me as I slightly shuffle to the edge of the bed.

"No, you don't" he argues, not a doubt in his mind it sounds like.

"Yeah, I don't" sighing, I agree with him.

"What are you doing?" Ryan asks when I stand up and turn to watch him, his lips pursed again.

"We need to get ready, right?" Crossing my arms, I tilt my head.

"I know" sighing, Rye gets to his feet as well, walking to his wardrobe and getting out a shirt for him to wear before pulling it over his head.

"Hey Ryan, you know how much I love you right?" Shuffling towards him, I hug his middle from behind, looking up at him with puppy eyes.

"Take the one by the bed, I only wore it for a walk earlier" rolling his eyes, Ryan tries to act annoyed but I see right through it and realise how much he loves it when I wear his clothes.

"Thank you" pressing a kiss to his upper arm, I let go of him and grabbed the hoodie that laid on the the end of the bed, putting it on with a smile as soon as his scent fills my nose.

"Are you happy now?" Ryan smiles, shaking his head slightly while he walks towards the bed and slips his phone into his pocket.

"Very" nodding my head, I cuddle closer to the fabric.

Watching Ryan smile at me, he nods his head towards the door as I follow him into the hallway, closing the door behind me.

"You guys ready?" Brook pops out of his room, a bright smile on his lips as he looks at me, probably recognising the hoodie as Ryan's.

"Yes, you too?" I quirk an eyebrow, knowing Brook and how he is going to forget something.

Patting his pockets he checks if he got everything he needs, nodding his head, his lips curled.

"Yep. The rest is already downstairs".

So the three of us joined the other boys downstairs, everyone ready to go.

"I'll take Ash, Sonny and Brook, alright?" Ryan speaks up, grabbing his keys from the drawer.

"Yep, see you there" seeing as Jack and Andy are already ready to go, they don't waste a second to leave the house, my eyes rolling slightly as I bend down to put on my shoes.

"Everyone ready?" I ask, walking outside with the three boys following.

A few mumbles sound from them as an answer before we get into Ryan's car, with me in the front and Brook and Sonny squished in the back.

"I still don't get why Ash always gets to sit in the front no matter how tall we are" Brook complains, having his trouble to put on his seatbelt.

"You're not that much taller than me" I argue back, "besides I'm always first at the car so naturally I get to sit in the front" turning to stick my tongue out to Brooklyn, he rolls his eyes as an answer, the car filling with some laughter as Ryan starts driving.

Driving down a quiet street with no traffic, Ryan's hand is placed on my thigh, his thumb moving around slightly as I find myself smiling, my hand resting on his loosely so that he can easily pull it away if he needs it for driving.

"The two of you are extremely cute and it's annoying me" Brook's voice sounds from the back as I turn around again, sending a glare his way only to find Sonny's eyes focused on Ryan's hand on my thigh, his jaw slightly clenched before he catches me looking, his eyes flickering to look outside the window instead as I turn to look back to the front, confused.