19. 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚

calum's fingers gently played with the golden rings of curls in front of him, arranging them in them around the large coronet of golden blossoms and red diamonds that adorned his face

calum's fingers gently played with the golden rings of curls in front of him, arranging them in them around the large coronet of golden blossoms and red diamonds that adorned his face. his suit matched the golden ring of flowers that ribboned up his hair, which was a blood red suit, bedizened with smaller intricate golden flowers over his broad shoulders, and over his chest.

he was getting married.

ashton was just outside the doors in front of him, with his family and friends who were all waiting for what was luke's last minutes as a hemmings.

luke's heart was hammering, but for once it wasn't in pain or fear. it was the racing of adrenaline in his blood that rushed into his ears, and the happiness that bled out his blue eyes.

it was 12 minutes and 46 seconds till the afternoon ran out and the clock struck four, and in that moment, luke hemmings was the happiest man alive.

flashes of binding light triggered his tear filled eyes as he walked towards the small platform, where his lover stood. the hall was so quiet that the only noise that reached his ears were the sound of his dark heeled shoes scraping the red carpet he walked on, and the crinkling of the mascara smeared tissues of the women who were seated at the front cleaned their already rose tinted eyes.

all luke could see was him.

him and his stupidly beautiful royal blue suit with the silver flowers that threaded over his chest, mirroring luke's fit. the dips of his cheeks were prominent on his face, and his eyes were the shade of sunshine. he could see his own eyes fill with tears in the reflection of ashton's, as his cleared his throat and the ceremony began.

of course, luke's heart was racing too much and he could only feel himself following the soft symphony of ashton's voice when it finally came for the vows.

"my angel.

you gave me the best gift life could ever have sent me.

the gift of love.

to feel it, to find it and to fall into it with no fear holding me captive.

most of all, to love you so irresistibly.

my love, i tell you now that these words that i tell you are not just words.

they're my attempt to convey to you that you're the only thing i'm gonna need in this life and the next.

they are my promise that i'm gonna love you wild and fierce, and pursue you with a passion that will bring the world to it's knees, and will last as long as my heart keeps beating.

going to wage the war with your demons so you can rest your head at night where i can tuck your hair behind your ear as i press my lips to yours when you just need to be kissed, to remind you everyday how comprehensively astonishingly breathtaking i find you to be because your touch upon my skin always has, and always will bring my world to it's needed peace.

so when we're old and we got oceans of memories hidden behind our wrinkles and our eyes, i promise to trace every line on your still gorgeous face, so that i could relive every beautiful moment that you and i are about to share as we stumble into this chapter of our lives.

because right now, i'm lucky enough to be making the best decision of my life.

and marrying the only person i would ever call home."