Chapter 36: Separating from the Rohirrim

Začať od začiatku

Aragorn grabs my arm, pulling me away from the tunnel. "Forget that you saw him, Hailey. Let it leave your memory."

"Why?" I have to ask as Aragorn pulls me into the camp. 

"If I am not mistaken, that was the Lord of all the souls in tha mountain." He says quietly. "Forget him, everything about him." I shake my head numbly. I just looked at a Lord of dead people? 

"Good." Aragorn smiles. "Go find something to eat, then get rest. You look as if you could fall asleep right now." He gently pushes me further into the camp. 

I look around for a place to eat, but am unable to find one. "Hailey?" Legolas comes up from behind me, holding a bowl. "Here." Extending his hand, he hands me his bowl.

"No." I shake my head, "I can get my own." Legolas smiles, and grabs my hand with his free one. 

"Here." He repeats, placing the bowl into my hand. "I have already eaten. Aragorn told me to get you something to eat." He smiles kindly. "You look exhausted. Do you know where your tent is?" 

I shake my head, feeling like a child. "I can find it on my own, thanks." 

Legolas laughs. "There are roughly a thousand tents here, Hailey." He waves his arms around him. "Are you just going to wander around until you find your tent?" He asks, "Even then, how would you know that it is your tent?" He smiles, knowing he has me cornered.

"Well." I say, "I am very skilled at finding things. So I think I'll be allright." I smile and start walking away.

"Your going the wrong way." He calls to me. 

"How do you even know where my tent is?" I say, returning to where I was. "It's really wierd."

"Not really," The elf shrugs. "Theoden gave the fellowship three tents. Aragorn and I are sharing one, Gimli and Merry another one." He smiles at me, "You get the last one to yourself." He grabs my hand, smiling again. "Now come on."

He leads me through the maze of tents. There are soldiers everywhere, talking quietly amoungst themselves. "Why are they so quiet?" I ask Legolas.

"They sense that they are on the eve of battle." He looks at me, squeezing my hand. "They no better than to laugh and be merry. That would make them more... on edge." I nod my head in understanding, not wanting to disturb the erie quiet of everything.

                                                        * * * * * *

Legolas stops infront of a fairly big tent. "This is yours." He says, smiling down at me. 

I look up at him, "Thank you Legolas."

He smiles again. "Your welcome." I smile at him before ducking into the privacy of my tent. 

Inside, I see that all of my bags have been brought in, and my sleeping mat has been laid out. I don't think I'm sharing it with anybody, since there is only my sleeping mat. I sigh with relief. I didn't exactly enjoy sharing space with Eowyn. 

Quickly finshing my cold soup, I lay down on my sleeping mat. The moment my head touches the ground, I feel sleep take over me, dragging me into darkness. 

                                                                        * * * * 

"Hailey." A quiet voice calls my name. Gentle hands shake me into conciousness. "Hailey, wake up." I open my eyes to see Legolas bent over me.

Upon seeing my eyes opening, he smiles. "Quickly, get ready. Aragorn is leaving for somewhere. Gimli and I are planning to go as well, where ever it may be." 

I shoot out of bed, "Let me get ready." I stumble around, gathering what little I had gotten out. We leave my tent, and Hasufel is tied to a stake outside, waiting for me. Throwing my bags on to him, I quickly untie his rein, and we follow Legolas and Arod. 

When we find Aragorn, he is talking with Eowyn. We wait until she leaves to approach him. 

"Just where do you think you're off to?" Gimli says, coming out from between to tents. Aragorn turns around.

The ranger sighs, "Not this time, Gimli."

"Hmmm." The dwarf pretends to think about this.

"Have you not learned about the stubbornness of dwarves?" I ask. 

"You might as well accept it." Legolas says, "We're coming with you Aragorn." 

The Ranger smiles, and turns to the path towards Dwimorberg. My heart sinks, but I follow the fellowship notheless into the canyon.

"Lord Aragorn?" I hear a soldier whisper. "Why does he leave on the eve of battle?" 

"He leaves because there is no hope. Too few have come, we cannot defeat the army of Mordor." Gamling replies. 

"No." I hear Theoden say from behind us. "They leave, because they must." He pauses. "We cannot beat them. But we will meet them in war nonetheless."

Thanks for waiting for my next chapter! I apologize for the slow update!! Hopefully, I'm not as busy so I will be able to post more often. School first though :( I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and please comment your thoughts!! I want to let you all know that I greatly appreciate anybody who reads and/or comments!! ~triforce11