Dreidan pulled out his ever ready handkerchief and handed it to her. "Its nothing Draya. I'll just go now." He said and turned away, walking down the aisle. She wiped her tears. Maybe, just maybe she had to do something for her friend and this man. There was chemistry between them, even the dumbest person could see that.

She pushed the thought to the back of her mind and walked into the room, standing far away from aunt Grace. She wasn't ready for a scolding right now. She stood quietly as she watched the doctors. She prayed her best friend would wake up. She stole a peek at aunt Grace, and it also broke her heart. She was a kind woman who loved her daughter unconditionally. And now, she was hurting so bad.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard the doctors voice. "Its a new year's miracle. Miss Hilton is awake."

The relief that washed over her body was indescribable. She immediately looked at the roof. "I know that was you, Lord." And at the back of mind, she also knew it was because of Dreidan. She just knew it.

The doctor kept saying some things but she was too excited to understand. Aunt Grace was already by her daughter's bed, hugging her.

"Easy there Madame, we'll just run a series of test on her to be sure she's fine." He turned to one of the nurse and wrote something on her clipboard. Then turned to another. "Give her some water now."

Tears kept rolling down Grace's cheeks. Finally, her baby was awake. Just the day before the New Year. Her prayer was answered. Avatia's eyes slowly opened but closed back due to bright lights. The doctor ordered for the lights in the room to be dimmed and for the curtains to be closed.

The doctor spoke this time. "Avatia honey, try opening your eyes again." He watched the girl try and try until she could open her eyes. They were bloodshot. He ordered the nurse to give her some water since her throat was probably too dry.

Grace pulled her into a hug again. "My baby, I missed you so much honey. I'm so glad that you're awake now. My baby girl." She cried as she kept on throwing kisses all over Avatia's face but her daughter pulled away from her. She was confused.

Avatia's mind still couldn't process anything. Who were these people? Where was she? Who was the woman calling baby? "Who are you?"

Everyone's heart dropped. What was happening? Grace who was a nurse was praying so hard at the moment that it shouldn't be what she thought it was. "I'm your mother, sweetheart. Don't you remember?"

"No. I don't know you. Go away." Avatia cried.

But her mother pulled her into a hug again, determined to make her daughter feel the bond. "Its me Kim. It's me, mommy."

The poor girl just shook her head and pushed the woman away. Her head was pounding so fast, her body was aching. "Go away. Y'all should just leave me alone. Go." Avatia cried loudly this time. They were all confusing her.

Nothing could be worse than hearing your child deny you. Draya stood there speechless. Her friend couldn't be suffering from amnesia, right?

The doctor signaled for everyone to leave the room, except Grace of course. "Let's talk in my office, ma'am."

****

"No, no, no doctor. You have to do something. My child can't be suffering from memory loss." Grace cried as she held the doctors hand.

The doctor didn't know what to say again. "It's an effect of the post traumatic stress disorder she went through. It's bad Grace, but on the bright side, it's treatable."

That caught Grace's attention. "Do anything to treat my little girl. I'll pay you. My child can't suffer that way. Please."

The doctor further went to explain how post traumatic stress disorder could cause insomnia, horrible nightmares, forgetfulness, and so many more. He then suggested that Avatia be taken far away from New York, to a peaceful area surrounded by natural things. He also recommended some anti-depressants in conjunction with therapy. Telling her he would look for the best psychotherapist. He also told her that he would draw a schedule for her daughter that would help speed up her recovery. He even told her that if she was lucky, Avatia's memories could pop up once in a while and he hoped her memories could come back for good. Wishing her the best in the end.

This broke Grace's heart. But she was going to help her child. She would do anything for her baby. The doctor made some calls immediately, saying they had to commence treatment on Avatia as soon as possible before her condition became worse.

Grace could only pray and hope things become better. She'll be flying with her daughter to Texas. She could not go to Ohio. Avatia needed fresh new memories. Maybe this could be good for her daughter. To forget about that Dreidan Vaughn. After all, he caused this.

______________________________

Okayyyy, so our girl is awake. But on the rough side, she is suffering from post traumatic depression😭😭 Let's just pray everything turns out well. Do you think she'll really forget about our Mr. Black😭😭 I don't want that.

By the way, happy birthday Lillie love💖🎂. You forced me to update knowing I was sick😣😣 but I still love you😚

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote if you're eager for the next chapter😏😏