4 - Crystal Snow

"Hello Tannie, ready for your journey with my father?" The horse only snorted in return. This horse has been owned by his father for the past years, and he also indeed grew affectionate of him by now. It's already noontime and he's currently waiting for his father to situate his belongings.

His father smiled at him after covering the fixed sewing machine and mantel clock with a cloth, placed inside his old carriage. "Everything's done." He tried hopping on the horse's back, but he had a rough time doing it so Taehyung helped him up.

After seconds of struggling, Sihyuk made an 'oof' sound and finally made it. "Thanks Tae," he panted.

Taehyung only grinned in response and patted Yeontan's side. He reaches out with both of his hands to take his father's hand, squeezing them lightly, "Take care, I'll miss you." His father smiled down at him and kisses one of his hand's knuckles, earning a giggle from him.

"I'll miss you too, I'll be right back!" After that, they parted. Taehyung looks in the distance growing between him and his father as he watches them, slowly getting farther.

"Well, that's sad." Taehyung jumped in surprise and turned around, seeing Minjae with his child-like smile. "But it's fine, I'm here anyways. And now that he's not here for the meantime, you can be with me." He winked.

Taehyung only sighs in return, "Minjae, I.. want to be alone for the meantime."

"But I can't leave you!" He flinched in surprise with the sudden raise of his voice, "Everytime I try to be away from you, there's.. there's like an energy pulling me back." He slowly walks closer to him, "Even though you're unaware, you got the best of me. So please, just don't leave me."

"Minjae, please," he said, his voice now laced with desperation, "I seriously, seriously, just don't see you that way. I'm really sorry but I don't want to have a commitment with someone I don't love."

He felt horrible when he saw Minjae's eyes glistening with tears, "B-But... we can try? I mean, you still haven't experienced dating me."

He looks down with guilt, "Yes I didn't. But, I can see your efforts. And it's just... I don't feel the same way." He smiles sadly at him, "You deserve someone better, I'm sorry." He walks past Minjae, and he's glad he doesn't hear any response from him.

He already saw some people who witnessed the scene and of course, he gets some glares in return but there were also both men and women who seems happy that he got rejected.

He thinks his misery will finally come to end but then he suddenly heard Minjae crying loudly, "I won't accept defeat, Taehyung will love me, I won't give up!"

Well, he sighs in defeat.

___

"Ah, it's getting dark, Yeontan. I should've left earlier." Sihyuk said as he and his horse walks in the middle of the forest, now starting to be filled with darkness.

The forest looks eerie, specially when the sun had already set down from the horizon, making Sihyuk hold tightly on the horse's rope and lean closer to him. The line of the trees starts to grow thicker, making Sihyuk confused since he's been to the other village numerous times, and this path doesn't seem familiar.

The defeaning silence of the forest also starts to bother him, only Yeontan's steps on the dried leaves laying on the ground can be heard. Sihyuk gulped, "Yeontan, do you think we're.. lost?" The horse only huffed in return, as if understanding him.

He gets the oil lamp from the back while Yeontan continues on walking, not giving a damn that they're lost while his owner is starting to panic. Suddenly, he heard a howling noise from the distance, making Yeontan freeze on his tracks.