An uproar formed around me, I didn't understand anything, I didn't know where I was, but some women and a man approached me. My sight was better and so were my senses, I gathered that they were doctors. Everything was still so confusing, however I had no time to wonder, because soon enough they filled me with questions like "How are you feeling?" or "Do you remember anything?". I didn't know how to answer, I just wanted Lauren by my side.

-----

"Stay for a few minutes and then let the others come in. She needs to rest." The nurse said to a group of people who were entering my room.

The shadow that prevented me from seeing who was there finally disappeared. The door was closed, and my mother's face bathed in tears made my heart sink.

How could I be so reckless to the point of not thinking about my family?

"Hija." She said as she approached, grabbing my hand.

"Mama." My voice came out like a whisper. The pain in my throat kept me from speaking louder.

"Kaki, I was so afraid you weren't going to wake up." Sofi's anxious voice only made me more depressed.

"Everything is fine now." I said and they all nodded. Alejandro didn't say anything, he just let the tears fall silently.

"You were in a coma for a little more than three months." Hearing that surprised me, I was in a coma for three months again? "But everything is okay now." My mom said, running a hand through my hair.

No! Everything is not okay. Seeing them in that state only increased the weight in my consciousness due to my reckless actions.

Alejandro approached me and kissed my forehead, and my eyes closed automatically, increasing the sensation of my father's kiss. A kiss that was rarely given thanks to my absence familywise.

"Who's here? Is Lauren still here?"

"She's here, Kaki. When we arrived she was already here." Sofi said beaming.

"Yes, your friends are here and Rob too."

Wait! Reality hit me at once. If Lauren is here and so is Rob, how did they both get away with everything? Especially Robert... Lauren could have easily finished the job, I gave that to her, that and her freedom, but apparently she didn't expect me to still be alive... But what about Robert?

I took a deep breath in search of control, but what is Rob doing here? How dare he be here?! My body was vibrating inside, I could feel my features harden, as hard as a rock. Anger was screaming inside me and my urge was to get up and finish once and for all what I should've already done before, but I couldn't, not in the state I'm in and not here. I need to think things through and be very careful, after all, I don't know what his real intentions are when he's willing to risk everything to be here.

"Hija?" Sinu called me, worried. "Is everything alright? Do you want me to call the doctor?"

"No, mama. Don't worry, I was just thinking." I reassured her.

They all smiled in relief with a long sigh.

"We were so scared, honey, but you're strong, very strong." My mother said, trying to control her tears again.

"How are you feeling, hija?" Alejandro finally spoke.

Confused and very angry for being so stupid.

"I feel fine, dad, just a little confused." I replied hoarsely, my throat dry. I reached out my trembling hand, grabbing the glass of water that was there. I let the water slide into my mouth, between my lips and down to my throat, relieving it and seeking some control. Apparently no one knew anything yet, I need to remain in control. "I don't have much to say."