Mary/Gary sues (Naruto version)

[This was written a long time ago]

Oh no.

If you want to have a great OC, I have a tip: Don't make them an overpowered character or one that has the perfect personality and everyone loves them.

It's very boring to read a story in wich your OC is young, kage level and perfect, non-flawed and "I'm so selfless and love everyone!" personality. Just reading the description of the OC and her powers, you can see that she'll defeat all powerful enemies like it's as easy as answering "1 + 1"...and it ruins the meaning of the show.

Naruto is an anime that shows that you can go from the bottom to the top if you work hard enough. It gives us life lessons that can make us better people. It's a meaningful show....that you guys ruin with your rainbow-haired overpowered OC's.

You need plot development and personality flaws for your OC. And please don't make everyone fall in love with your original character, the others' personalities are very different and I believe they'd all go for different types of girls. You can't just be perfect.

And there are those who are super bitchy to Sakura for no reason, even when she is doing nothing wrong! Even worse, everyone agrees with the OC because she's just that perfect.

Example:

"Kakashi-sensei, I didn't really understand that-" Sakura tried to ask her professor about the D-rank mission her team was sent to complete, but was cut off by a rainbow haired girl.

"Are you that stupid that you can't even understand a D-rank mission? I guess that just show how weak and useless you are, bubblegum bitch!" Jusiscleudy screeched at Sakura, who got confused, after all, she did nothung wrong.

"Jusiscleudy is right, Sakura-chan!"Naruto screeched, making the poor pinkette even more confused.

"Okay, what the fu-" The kunoichi was going to ask, but was again cut off. This time, it was her long-time crush.

"Hn, useless fangirl" The raven haired grunted-

---

Okay, I guess you guys understand.

And please, PLEASE, if you're going to make a love story, make the characters act like themselves. Sasuke doesn't blush and stutter, Gaara isn't a pervert who puts sand on....the OC's no-no square, Kakashi doesn't tell all his secrets to her/him the first time they meet, etc.

Stop making your OC have a forced cliche tragic story and/or be very OP without achieving it. Everyone is tired of that, or they just like reading overused plots. Also, DON'T make your OC an ANBU until they're at least 13, and even then, they can't be an ANBU captain so soon...and stop with the Orochimaru escaped experiments or Orochi-pedo killed the clan, they're bad (At least, all I've read)! Cold and hard true, but it's how it is.

Examples:

1. Jubileidy was from the most powerful clan who's Kekkei Genkai was copying others' Kekkei Genkais and  hidden techniques. Unfortunately, a certain snake-like man killed everyone of the clan and she, somehow, survived. Later on, she travels to Konoha and lives there.

2. Jusiscleudy's mom died when she gave birth to her and her dad would hut her everyday. She ran away at 4 and was captured by Orochimaru, being used as an experiment. She somehow escaped the pedophile even when he had a hight security and went to Konoha, where she was accepted with open arms.

---
First off, stop with the pity sues. Make at least one character that doesn't have an horrible backstory or is an emo.
And about the examples...

1- Stop with the overpowered kekkei genkais. Make an unique one that doesn't copy other's abilities (sounds familiar?). Also, if your clan was the most powerful one, how come Orochimaru exterminate it? He would be weaker than the most powerful clan in the world, right? Also how only your OC survived? What us thus bullshi-

2. I'm going to make a whole chapter on this later. But I will at least tell that your OC needs to be interrogated first.

If you want your OC in the Akatsuki, make a proper reason for it...and the maximum number of people that can get in said organization is 10. Nine tailed beast and one that is a conbination of all tailed beasts, TEN PEOPLE, NOT ELEVEN. Make the Akatsuki act like themselves and al- You know what? I'm going to make one chapter about it too.

But about the OC getting in the Akatsuki or going to Orochi-pedo, keep in mind going after Sasuke or being cheated on isn't a good reason to go to one of them.

About the teams, don't put your OC in team 7, or any of the canon teams. Don't put a five-man squad or substitute canon characters, after all, the canon guys were chosen for a reason...unless you have a valid excuse for taking the place of a canon character, of course. It's better to make a team of OCs with PERSONALITIES that aren't nonexistent or the same as the canon characters.

I just realized I probably started talking more of OC's than Mary sues....oh, well. I can always make a part two.