The Dark Elves

I'm sitting in my room on my phone. Waiting until I can see Loki again today. I couldn't wait. One of the guards comes in my room.

"Is it time to go already?" I ask. It was still an hour away. The guard quickly grabs me and pulls me out the door.

"Change of plans." The guard said. "The dark elves have invaded the castle, looking for your sister. Thor told us to take you someplace safe." I nod and worry for my sister, but I know that now is not the time to defy them. 

"Wait, but what about Loki? Is he safe?" The guard, and the other guard who had joined us, both looked at me with a curious look.

"We don't know Miss." They say as the drag me to a secure room. I was so worried about Loki. What if the dark elves find him in the prison and kill him? He'll have no way to escape. Or what if he joins them, just out of spite to his brother?

We waited in the room till the another guard came in, breaking me away from my thoughts. "The palace is secure." He says. "Oh, and Jane would like to see her sister straightaway." He says looking at me. At least now I knew that Jane was safe.

The guards took me to a room, which I presumed was Jane's. I go through the doorway, leaving the guards at the entrance, to find my sister pacing in front of her bed. She notices me and rushes towards me. Hugging me tightly, with tears rolling down her eyes.

"She's dead." She says in between loud sobs.

"Who's dead?" I ask her, while stroking her hair to comfort her.

"Frigga, the queen. She died trying to protect me." Oh no. Loki. Is all I can manage to think. What will he do when he learns that she is dead?

I just sit there with my sister for the rest of the day, comforting her, until Thor comes in. He tells us that there is to be a funeral for the queen. Jane gets to attend, but I have to stay behind. Thor says that if his father knew of my presence now, he would be more angry than ever. I nod and acknowledge the gravity of the situation.

As my sister is at the funeral, I watch from her balcony. It is a beautiful yet sad service. The let her sail away on a boat, to a waterfalls edge. Then, before she can fall, she specks fly up into the sky and the boat drops.

There's a knock on the door a few minutes later. Thor comes in and sits down next to me. "You should be the one who tells him." He suggests. All I can do is nod. I lean my head against his large biceps, and start to cry.