"Basically, I'm his 'girlfriend'. You know, we go to dinners, art galleries, functions. Some of them want to show off a pretty girl on their arm, others just like the company of younger girls. Either way, I get paid nearly four times what I would have been getting paid waitressing."

"Wait, have you quit your job?" I ask her and she nods. Heather had a job on the weekends at a cafe, she always used to moan about how crappy it was. When she stopped mentioning how sore her feet were or how obnoxious some customers were I just figured she had a good shift.

"Is it just one guy?" I'm worried my friend has turned herself into a professional prostitute.

She giggles. "It's just one guy. His name's Brad, he works in investments. He's in his late thirties I think, he's actually kind of funny which is good or else it would be a total drag"

"Wow that's um, that's interesting" I finally speak after a long period of silence. I don't know if one guy makes it better or worse. I can see the appeal of it all, and Heather's drop dead gorgeous. She's tall and slim with dark tan skin and bright blue eyes; guys have always fallen at her feet so I can imagine some gross old guy paying for her to hang out with him.

"Its not as bad as you think. He gives me a choice in what we do and he never pressures me into doing things. Plus he really showers me in gifts as you can clearly see. If I ever want or need anything, all I have to do is ask." As if on cue, my stomach grumbles loudly. Heather knows I have been having money problems for quite a while now, she was the only one I confided in, even I owed her some money for things here and there that she insisted she could afford. Now I know how she could actually afford them.

"You could do it too!" She grins softly, reaching over to grab my hands. "They would love me so much if I brought some more business!" Business? I'm not a prude or anything but I didn't think I would ever be in this desperate of a situation to think that this was a good idea.

"No I couldn't" I recoil and take my hands back frowning. God, it would be good to have some money though, but not like this.

"Come on Elena you are starving. You haven't been able to afford food for gods sakes, the paycheck they are giving you at the diner barely covers anything and most of your money goes on rent for that shitty apartment of yours. This is a good opportunity. I'll make sure they give you a really sweet guy, they'll do it because I brought them you. Plleeaaaasssseee"

I bite my lip and think, my best friend was pimping me out to some rich unknown stranger who I hadn't even met yet. And what if I got a bad one? Surely not all of these guys are doing this sort of thing for the right reasons, there must be some bad apples in the bunch. I don't want to be a story on the news; my lifeless body washing up on the Thames months after I go missing while on a date with a 50-year-old pervert. And if my parents ever found out about it they would be so disappointed in me, I would be disappointed in me.

But I am so broke and so hungry, it would be nice to have a bit of extra money. And what if everything went great? What if; Heather and I had enough money to actually enjoy living in London. Going to Selfridges to shop before eating lunch at fabulous restaurants, my stomach gives a low grumble in agreement; 'that would be nice'. I really don't know why I'm considering this; it feels like both a terrible idea and a no brainer all at the same time. I'm so confused, and still so hungry. What's the harm in just seeing what it's all about?

"I'll meet with them, I'm not saying yes yet" I sigh as she claps her hands happily.

"Fantastic! Let's go get you into something sexy and I'll take you to their offices" She stands and picks up her things.

"Wait, right now? You want to take me there right now?" I stand with her and quickly pull my bag back onto my shoulder. I have no more classes for the day, but this is all happening too fast.