Camping

Stephanie's POV

I heard two knocks on my front door indicating Louis was here to pick me up. I grabbed two duffle bags and opened the door. He grabbed both and kissed my cheek. "Good morning." I smiled.

"Aunt Linda, Jacob, I'm leaving!" I yelled. My aunt came rushing downstairs while Jacob slowly walked to the door.

"I'll miss you," she said as she hugged me tightly. "Be safe." I nodded. Jacob took me into a side hug and patted my shoulder as he said goodbye.

"Bye, guys," Louis spoke.

We got in the car and drove for an hour, just listening to whatever weird music came on the radio. He pulled along the side of a path where a few other camper's cars were parked. The place is so big, yet I heard online you rarely come across anybody else on the campsite.

I held two duffle bags full of just whatever we needed incase of emergency. We all agreed to bring food to share, changes of clothing, bathing suits, toiletries, etc...

After walking for 15 minutes, and Louis leaving a trail of orange peels for the rest of the group, we made it to a decent spot. You always see those pictures of the tent up in the tree, and I guess Louis wanted to try it out. Before I knew it he had set up the tent and attached a rope to the top. He climbed up, and after 15 tries of throwing a heavy rope and tent up he finally caught it...just barely.

He tied it securely, and sure enough it could hold him easily. "Good job," I yelled up.

With the little service we had we managed to send a text message telling them to follow the orange peels...oh, Louis.

Before they arrived we had nearly set up everything, although Louis was one of the only ones who could securely tie the tents to the branches so his work wasn't over. There were 5 thick branches nearly leveled on the dead tree, and we only needed 4, so it worked out perfectly.

Noon turned to dusk and I broke out the marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. We had been snacking on whatever people had brought so there was no need for an actual dinner. Louis and Michael lit the fire and soon the dark night was illuminated.

We all just looked around for a minute. "Wow..." I spoke. "I feel like it's been so long since we've seen each other."

"I know! God, was the last time we all talked at the ending night of the play?" Chloe asked. We all nodded. I believe it was...wow...

"I find it hilarious we all started this out as friends. Now not one of us is single. We all paired up!" Ashley spoke. We all agreed.

We all told jokes, and stories, and laughed until we could breathe anymore. How I've missed this.

Louis wrapped me in his arms. It was quite cozy considering he was wearing a sweatshirt three times too big for him. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"So, what are the rest of you guys doing this school season?" They began to go in a circle.

"Ooh, I'll go first!" Ashely spoke up, even though Lucas already knew what she was doing. "Lucas and I are going to Oxford together! Isn't that so romantic?" Ashley sure is a little crazy about Lucas. That will be awkward if they break up...but then again, they do seem quite perfect together.

"I'm going to Stanford in California," Olivia spoke up.

"Oh my god, wow! On the other side of the world," I added. "What about you, James?"

"I'm studying architecture at a school in California. Unfortunately, it's four hours from Stanford, but at least we'll be able to see each other." I nodded.