Vivian Coates Interview

Start from the beginning

Vivian: What are you talking about? Caitlyn was never interested in becoming a surgeon.

Detective Brandon: Are you sure?

Vivian: Positive.

Detective Brandon: Interesting. Then why do you think she was there?

Vivian: I don't know...I suppose...maybe she was looking for me.

Detective Brandon: In his office, every day of every week, during your lunch hour when you were away from your desk? Come on Vivian, we both know that's not what was happening.

Vivian: What are you implying?

Detective Brandon: I know this may be difficult to hear, but we have reason to believe that Terry may have been having a relationship with your daughter.

Vivian: Well it sounds like he was mentoring her. That's harmless.

Detective Brandon: I don't think he was her mentor. I think their relationship was...sexual.

Vivian: Sexual? You think my daughter and Terry were having sex?!

Detective Brandon: That's correct.

Vivian: That's preposterous! How dare you insinuate such a disgusting thing!

Detective Brandon: I know this is probably very difficult for you to hear, especially since he was also having an affair with you. It takes a very sick person to sleep with both a mother and her daughter, not to mention the fact that she was a teenage girl.

Vivian: That's abhorrent! Terry would NEVER do such a thing!

Detective Brandon: Are you sure about that?

(Silence)

I'm afraid there's something else. I also believe that Terry may have...I think that Caitlyn was pregnant with his child.

Vivian: I'm sorry, what?!

Detective Brandon: I think that Caitlyn may have been carrying Terry's child when she went missing.

(Silence)

Vivian? Are you all right?

Vivian: Caitlyn was...pregnant?

Detective Brandon: I'm afraid so. Avery found the positive pregnancy test in the trashcan. Caitlyn also told Colin about the pregnancy.

Vivian: Well, I'm sure it was his then.

Detective Brandon: It most definitely was not.

Vivian: How do you know?

Detective Brandon: I'm not at liberty to share that information.

Vivian: Then maybe I'm not at liberty to share anymore information with you!

Detective Brandon: Well then you would only be punishing Caitlyn, not me. Is that what you wanted, to punish Caitlyn for sleeping with Terry and getting pregnant with his child?

Vivian: What did you just say to me?!

Detective Brandon: You have to imagine how this looks Vivian. You were having an affair with Terry, but then maybe you discovered that you weren't the only Coates woman Terry was sleeping with. And when you discovered, not only the affair, but that your daughter was pregnant with his child, maybe you snapped. Maybe YOU made Caitlyn disappear.