Eight

§

The next day came quicker than I would've expected it to. I only had 12 more days to make this work, considering the fact that Spitfire had told me the second day in the Crystal Empire that the suspension would start once we left.

I flew up to a cloud, sitting on it. From here I could see most of Ponyville clearly. I figured I could get away from everypony and think, wondering how I was going to pull this off. I have only so much time before Lightning Dust permanently becomes a Wonderbolt. The Wonderbolt that I am supposed to be. I had told Soarin about what I wanted to do, but it wasn't a plan. I was only asking him to help. But since there isn't a plan, I need to think.

I laid there, thinking of ways I could prove myself to Spitfire again. She knows I'm a good flyer, but she needs to know that I will follow her ways and her rules. "Hey Rainbow Dash!" I jumped up, turning around as fast as I could, only to see a stallion wearing a certain practice suit, with a jolly look plastered across his face.

"Soarin!" I was going to confront him for sneaking up on me, but instead I put a smile on my face. This is the first time I've seen him ever since I admitted to myself that I had a crush on him. "What brings you here?" I asked curiously.

"I came to help you. As much as you want back in, I don't think Spitfire is going to allow it. But I can't stand going to practice and not being able to see you." Soarin was talking sappy again. He flew up to the cloud, sitting next to me.

"I understand you miss me," I paused, putting a mischievous smirk on my face. That made him blush, madly. "But enough with the sappy talk. It drives me..." Crazy. "Insane. I hate sappy things." Yet I don't when it comes out of Soarin's mouth at least. Ew, I'm being sappy now.

"Uh, yeah... but you understand, right?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck with a blush still taken over his cheeks.

"Yes. I understand. How does Spitfire even put up with her?" I questioned, considering the fact that I couldn't, and Spitfire did kick her out of the academy.

"I don't think she really can. It's only been two days and I can tell that she is already annoyed with Lightning Dust again." Soarin mentioned. That made me really think. It was getting close to sundown, and clearly Soarin came right from the end of his practice.

"Let's go to HQ," I said, standing up. "I want to see something. I would assume that most of the Wonderbolts are at dinner, right?"

"Yeah I think so," Soarin stood up, unsure with what I had planned. I zoomed away from the cloud, allowing it to disappear in my trail. Soarin fell from it, but quickly flapped, keeping himself in air. He caught up to me, following me closely behind. I felt guilty for what I was about to do, but I needed to get Dust out of the Bolts. I pushed the guilt out of my thought, continuing to land on the runway at HQ. I was right, everypony was in the mess hall.

"Dash, what are you doing?" Soarin asked. I didn't answer him. I knew if I told him my plan, he would object and rat me out to Spitfire. At least I think. I trotted over to the quarters, finding my old room. I pushed it open, seeing a vacant space with only a bed and a door to the bathroom. I sighed, walking back out. The door fell shut behind me as I kept walking down the hallway. I came across a room I highly presumed to be Dust's, bucking it open. I was right, seeing a small photo of her and Spitfire above her bed. I looked closer, seeing an expressionless Spitfire. I scoffed, tearing it off the wall and in half.

Soarin came in eventually, watching me roam through the filing cabinet she had in her desk. I pulled out a specific file, seeing her academy application. I took that and the ripped picture, holding them securely under my left wing. I walked out, brushing past Soarin.

"Dash?" He asked, but a bit more sternly. I still ignored him. "Rainbow!"

I turned and looked at him, whose wings were fluffed. "Now is not the time, Soar," I simply stated, turning back around and heading straight to Spitfire's quarters. I kicked her door open as well, dropping the torn picture and the application. I stomped on the application, leaving a bunch of muddy hoofprints scattered across it. I eventually ripped it, but that was probably a bit much. I hope Spitfire would be able to tell it was the application.

"I want to stop you, but I want Dust out of the Wonderbolts," Soarin mentioned as I let the door shut behind me.

"Well, too late now. She's going out and I'm going back in," I stated, brushing past Soarin. "Come with me. Let's celebrate the last few moments of my suspension."

"Okay, Dashie," Soarin smirked. I was glad he didn't stop me. I guess that means he really wants me back... I wonder if I told him my feelings toward him... NO! I can't. Not yet.

I took off before Soarin could notice the blush present on my cheeks. He followed shortly behind me. I led him to a cloud, one that was high off the ground of Ponyville and looked out above the Everfree Forest. No matter how creepy that forest was, the sunset over it was a killer. I sat on the cloud, and Soar sat next to me.

"Well, sooner than later, I should be getting a notice from somepony about my ability to return," I spoke as Soarin scooted closer.

"What you did was completely wrong, but you're Rainbow Daring Dash. No pony can stop you from doing anything," Soarin stated, extending his wing around me. "And I think I admire that about you." He emphasized the think.

"Oh, I know you admire that about me. You admire me in general. If you were a mare, I already know you'd want to be me." I boasted, my confidence like a rocket.

"Well, I'm a stallion. But just because I don't want to be you, doesn't mean I don't want to be with you." He mumbled the last part, but I caught it. My eyes went wide, looking away from the sunset at him.

Hey! I know it's short, but I returned after a long time after reading your comments. You all are so supportive, and I promise it gets better from here. Happy reading!