Three

§

We started practicing for the show tomorrow. The routine was difficult, but it has been the same routine for the past 4 shows we have performed.

But Spitfire did eventually take my idea into consideration. It wasn't what I was hoping, but it was a change. I was placing in the center of the Ariel Flower Formation. Just like that one time I filled in for Wind Rider in the Canterlot show last moon.

We finished that, when I fell behind in the long distance fly.

"COME ON CRASH! KEEP UP!" Spitfire shouted from below.

I flew harder. I tried so hard to keep up with Misty Fly and Soarin. When I caught up, my wings skipped a flap, and I flew into a nearby cloud.

I came up to the surface of the cloud, hoofing myself in the face, over and over again. I looked down and the rest of the Wonderbolts stopped the routine to search for me. Soon Misty Fly and Blaze found me in the cloud.

"Well, seems like somepony  didn't go far." Misty Fly said. I blushed in embarrassment. I probably shouldn't be embarrassed, though. Considering the fact that usually I'm the worst flyer of the day a lot of the days anyway.

I flew out of the cloud and back down to the runway. Once I got down there, Spitfire ordered us to redo the routine until we were perfect. And that's what we did. We practiced the routine 6 times. Everypony has to have it down by now.

It was also after sunset, and I was sore and tired from repeating the routine multiple times. I walked to my room, and hung up my suit. I figured I could just stay late another night and clean the compound. But tonight, all I wanted was to get some shut-eye.

I showered, and then laid on my bed. As I started to close my eyes and get comfortable, I heard a tiny little swish. I looked over at my door and someone had slid a piece of paper under it. I groaned, realizing I had to get up and to get it, assuming it was important.

Once I picked it up, I read it.

Dashie,

At 6 tomorrow morning, meet me in the Mess Hall. It is important.

A Wonderbolt

I walked over to my bed, put the note on the night stand, and turned my light off. Finally, I could sleep. But I couldn't. I was tired, but the note had kept me anxious as to who wrote it and what they wanted.

~Surprise~

"Do you think she will come?" Fleetfoot asked me. What was she talking about? I'm SURPRISE! Of course she will come!

"Fleetfoot, what are you talking about?" I asked. "Of course Rainbow Dash will show. After all, I left a mysterious note that has to have her anxious to know!"

"You're right, she will definitely show. It's only... that..." Fleetfoot trailed off. I could tell she was worried about Spitfire's command.

"Fleetfoot, I'm Surprise. You will let Rainbow Dash know what is going on and giver her the rulebook and go over all 100 rules." I assured. "There's no need to worry. When it comes to rule 100, just address what you saw in the compound the other day and state the rule."

"Okay then, I guess I can trust your... plan," Fleetfoot hesitated. She looked at me with a skeptical look.

"Oh come on! Have some trust in me! I'm freaking Surprise!" I was starting to sound very cocky. Which, made her seem more skeptical. "Oh whatever. You'll see. Maybe she'll think it was Soarin who left the note..." I revealed my main secret about the note.

Fleetfoot looked at me, this time not skeptical at all. More confident and positive that she will come. "Well why didn't you say that in the first place?" She asked.

"Why didn't you think that in the first place?" I fired back at her. She stomped her hoof in annoyance. I gave her a smarty smirk and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to my quarter. Goodnight Surprise." Fleetfoot turned around and walked away. I decided that going to bed was a good idea. I did write 6 on the note after all.